Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Car Insurance rates offered by Costco

Of great interest to many it has been reported lately in our Lafayette Park neighborhood that Costco has restructured their car insurance rates and that many people have recently insured at costco. [[ through Ameriprise) who live in downtown and midtown and are being given material savings over the previous year. One reported a new small car insured for just 600.00 for six months. Many others have reported similar savings. Some have also saved substantially on home insurance. Might want to check this out for a quote if interested. This could be very good for many.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Of great interest to many it has been reported lately in our Lafayette Park neighborhood that Costco has restructured their car insurance rates and that many people have recently insured at costco. [[ through Ameriprise) who live in downtown and midtown and are being given material savings over the previous year. One reported a new small car insured for just 600.00 for six months. Many others have reported similar savings. Some have also saved substantially on home insurance. Might want to check this out for a quote if interested. This could be very good for many.
    I've been telling people about this for a few months. The prices are amazing!

Wow, thanks for the info.

I told a friend with a Costco membership about this and he got a quote. $962 Every six months for full coverage on an older Buick. He lives near Rivertown and probably gets average rates.

That's about 40% less than what I pay for Geico for one car with full coverage and one with no-fault. At some point I will call Ameriprise directly to get a quote. There is a discount offered if you are a Costco member but the quote, of course, does not say how much it is.