Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dearborn Heights ISIS supporter planned to attack Detroit church

Saw this story and the news tonight and also read a copy of the FBI's affidavit.
    The church was not named but I found this in the affidavit:

Name:  abu..JPG
Views: 586
Size:  30.4 KB

Anyone know what church fits this description?

Affidavit is found here http://media.clickondetroit.com/docu...266_ver1.0.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by caspermi View Post
    Saw this story and the news tonight and also read a copy of the FBI's affidavit.
    The church was not named but I found this in the affidavit:

Name:  abu..JPG
Views: 586
Size:  30.4 KB

Anyone know what church fits this description?

Affidavit is found here http://media.clickondetroit.com/docu...266_ver1.0.pdf
    Greater Grace Temple?

Googling 'Detroit Church 6000 members' the first hit is Greater Grace Temple on 7 Mile west of Berg Rd. -- the site of the former Edgewater Amusement Park incidentally.

From the About Us page...

OUR CHURCH

GGT is a 6,000 member church located in Northwest Detroit in the complex known as The City of David. Founded in 1927, Greater Grace Temple has long been a spiritual pillar of the Motor City. We are a friendly, family-oriented congregation that looks to make a difference in our community with the power of the Gospel.
    Edit: Beat me to it by 3 minutes 313WX.

Does the church property cover two blocks? Isn't a 6000 member church different than one that can accommodate 6000 people?

Greater Grace Temple is the first that came to my mind also - and this guy also seems to have some underlying mental illness and/or a pretty significant personality disorder to boot. I mean, he was WAY OUT THERE with his intentions. If that's how blatant one needs to be in order to be caught...we're in trouble.

None of this is surprising as both Boko Haram and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria have made thier position on Christians and Christian artifacts very clear outside of the the USA.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...tack/79906302/
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-06-16 at 05:59 AM.

just another mentally retarded patsy for the fbi to justify its budget.

thanks fbi for keeping us safe from the internet tough guy and pot smoking mentally retarded person.

i make this affidavit in support of a criminal complaint against khalil abu-rayyan for being an unlawful user of a controlled substance [[marijuana) who possessed a firearm which travelled in interstate commerce, in violation of section 922[[g)[[3) of title 18 of the united states code.
    anyone know where he worked?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post

thanks fbi for keeping us safe from the internet tough guy and pot smoking mentally retarded person.

What they did, was, nab this guy with any charge they could make stick, just to get him off of the street, until they can determine whether or not he's serious, or just blowing smoke. But you knew all that, right?, you're just baiting me.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-06-16 at 11:09 AM.

If that attack did happen in any church in Detroit, It will be national headlines will that way to Donald Trump's face. Also a race riot to attack most Arab and Chaldean owned businesses in Detroit and suburbs. And a attack in the Metro-Detroit's Arab Community.

by that you meant 'retarded' like Adam Lanza, then?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post