Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dream Cruise invite

This is an invitation to all my fellow DYers' to come to the spot that beats all others.Again this year,my Oldsmobile club will be parked at the Charter One Bank,Long Lake and Woodward.Ample parking is available behind the bank on Bloomfield Hills Parkway.This next to the old Fox and Hounds.What makes this the place,I think,is the fact the cars can be veiwed going by at 45-50 mph.You can see them coming down the glacial hill that makes up this area from either direction.I've been all over the WDC the last 15 years and this is the best viewing spot.I will have my car/space marked with a Luckycar sign.If you tell me your with DY,maybe we can go up to Pontiac and back down to Lone Pine Rd.Its a red 1967 Olds 442.Hope to see you all at the Cruise.

LodgeDodger Guest

That is a great spot. Thank you for the invite. Unfortunately, I have tours booked that day. Maybe next year?

Well,I'll be cruising with my fellow HHR owners but I may just stop up there.

'67 Olds 442??? Ahhhhh, heavy sigh! [[I'm just a girlie, gearhead wanna be!)

Lucky.I'll be down there Wed,Thurs and Friday in either my 71 yellow hardtop W-30 or my blue 71 W-30 ragtop. I'll look out for you if your there. Can't make it until very late on Sat.

Luckycar, I want to take one of my toys down but I probably will not be here this weekend unfortunately. If I am in town I will definatly stop by. I just sold my 67' Cutlass [[non 442 but mean) and my 74' Grand Torino last year but I still have a few in the stable.

LuckyCar: Will try to stop by and say Hi as we drive the Cruise loop from our home in the 13/Woodward area south to 8 Mile Rd., making the turn at the State Fairgrounds to head north all the way to Wide Track Drive [[now The Loop) in Pontiac and then south back to home.

Another invite: If any of you happen to be in Pontiac in the vicinity of the Phoenix Center for the evening, there's a great musical lineup to accompany the cruisin' cars: Larry Lee 6pm; Thornetta Davis 7:30 [[with the Grillmaster drumming for her); and Rare Earth 9pm. We are looking forward to this new Dream Cruise experience!!!

It's been a great time at the Cruise all week, given this fantastic weather and the people!! Hope to see some of you out and about today and tomorrow! Enjoy!!

Bullet Guest

Any one want to trade places this week end? I live at 9 and Allen, right downtown. Parking in my drive for four + cars. I usually take this week off and go camping, but this year I'm stuck like a pig.Groan...