Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Calvin Johnson Supposedly Will Retire - What's Next?

Most of the issues probably have been discussed in the local papers.

I do wonder how his salary coming off the team's salary cap will affect the Lions in free agency, etc.?

I think most fans know we had a ton of money tied up in Stafford, Johnson, and Suh so much that it strangled the ability of the front office to acquire other talent and that our depth was a real problem. The curse of repeatedly drafting really high.

Signing other talented players with the Johnson dollars: Making lemonade out of lemons or possibly a good thing once we get used to no CJ.

Wonder how many free agents we can acquire using the Johnson's salary numbers?

Until he officially announces it, I ain't believing anything ESPN says.

Season Ticket pricing increased this year!!