Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ford Hourly Workers to Receive $9,300 Bonus Checks

Laissez les bons temps rouler!" This has to be good for the metro Detroit economy.

"Ford Motor Co. said today it generated net income of $7.4 billion in 2015, up from $6.1 billion in 2014. The increase was largely due to added demand for the automaker’s SUVs and pickup trucks.

“We promised a breakthrough year in 2015, and we delivered,” says Mark Fields, president and CEO of Ford. “In 2016, we will continue to build on our strengths and accelerate our pace of progress even further, while transforming Ford into both an auto and a mobility company and creating value for all of our stakeholders.”

Fields says the automaker generated $1.9 billion in net income in the fourth quarter of 2015 on $149.6 billion in revenue."

http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/...-Bonus-Checks/

If Martha Jean "The Queen" were alive everyone in Detroit would hear about the bonus checks...

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    If Martha Jean "The Queen" were alive everyone in Detroit would hear about the bonus checks...

Indeed, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    That's for real... My Mom knew how much my Dad [[who worked at GM) was getting before he did.....

Hah! Time to dredge up any friends one knows working at Ford... eh... make that call!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-31-16 at 02:47 PM.

must be nice to work for Ford. I don't. Got a layoff notice on the 15th. ah well...

its time they reinvest in their operations...their dearborn digs are all dated AF

"Ford will give its 53,000 hourly workers profit-sharing payouts of $9,300, up from $6,900 in 2014."

Fifty three thousand fortunate workers/families...

Curious what percentage live in S.E. MI?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    its time they reinvest in their operations...their dearborn digs are all dated AF
    That's the case for all of the Big 3 automakers.

I wouldnt hold my breath for a ton of capital investment though.

I work at Ford PDC in Dearborn, and unless you work over at "executive row" your desk/work area/ accommodations are 1992. But we did just get a new cafeteria, and the food doesn't suck as bad, so that's a plus, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I work at Ford PDC in Dearborn, and unless you work over at "executive row" your desk/work area/ accommodations are 1992. But we did just get a new cafeteria, and the food doesn't suck as bad, so that's a plus, I guess.
    Any more deer show up in the cafeteria?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Any more deer show up in the cafeteria?
    HA! Not lately.

This is great news for Metro Detroit. Many folks love to spend bonuses immediately, so a lot of this will be flying into the local economy.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    This is great news for Metro Detroit. Many folks love to spend bonuses immediately, so a lot of this will be flying into the local economy.

"so a lot of this will be flying into the local internet economy."

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "so a lot of this will be flying into the local internet economy."
    Sigh... there is a lot of truth there...

9300 dollars? I don't want no stinkin 9,300 dollars!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...-uaw/79743254/

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post

Dayum!!! That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post

Maybe now some will stop bitchin about GM and Chrysler being bailed out by the government. Looks like it turned out to be the right move.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; February-03-16 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Dayum!!! That's awesome.
    What's amazing if it one takes a worker's base salary [[40 hours/week) and calculates an annual salary [[2,080 hours / year).

Then add the Ford or GM bonus to that.

It's like a $5 / hour raise [[say 10K / 2,080 hours per year i.e. 40 x 52).

Five dollar / hour pay raise is pretty sweet...

Uh, no. Looks like the big 3 are still overcharging their customers and then giving that money to their workers. That bailout came from the American taxpayers, THEY should be getting the bonus! Actually, I'd rather they just lowered the prices of their new cars!

I heard that $1500 of it was paid to them in advance last year when the contract was ratified and the remaining seven grand is taxed at 42%.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    the remaining seven grand is taxed at 42%.
    This always happens when you get a bonus. The tax tables assume you are getting this amount every paycheck. So the taxes are withheld at the higher rate. You're actually taxed at closer to your normal rate, and will get back the difference when you file your tax returns.

Quote Originally Posted by .crash. View Post
    Uh, no. Looks like the big 3 are still overcharging their customers and then giving that money to their workers. That bailout came from the American taxpayers, THEY should be getting the bonus! Actually, I'd rather they just lowered the prices of their new cars!
    It's hard to argue they're overcharging when people bought 17M cars last year.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    It's hard to argue they're overcharging when people bought 17M cars last year.
    Maybe if they hadn't been "overcharging" imports wouldn't have gained a foothold and GM would still have 48% of the market and Ford 33%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Maybe now some will stop bitchin about GM and Chrysler being bailed out by the government. Looks like it turned out to be the right move.
    GM employees at Hummer, Saturn, Pontiac, and some GM dealerships as well as bond holders were sacrificed and Chrysler's sale to a foreign company was subsidized with taxpayer dollars. Little was accomplished except there are still more UAW jobs than there otherwise would have been. It wasn't like US consumers were going to stop buying cars had the government not intervened. It's like saying the government made a big mistake not saving American Motors or Studabaker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast