Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hollywood Movie on the '67 Riots

Looks like Hollywood is doing some Detroit history. I can't tell if it's going to be about the 67 Riots or set to the backdrop of the 67 riots. Either way, very interesting!

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...ures/79488600/

Looks like the riots are a backdrop: "The film is described as a true-crime drama that takes place amidst the devastating unrest that occurred over five days in 1967 and resulted in National Guard troops being sent into Detroit."

The studio should hire locals for various roles. Hopefully the local auditions will be soon.

This will be an interesting watch.

There's another story [[probably many others) that would be a better movie subject.

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed here a few times before too.

John Percy Boyd
    Mark Clyde Bethune
    Hayward Brown

Odd ... went to get some dates for the incident and found this:

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2010/09/12...mieres-sept-1/

Wonder how impartial it is?

This paragraph tells me 'probably not at all':

“Vigilante” tells the story of Hayward Brown, Mark Clyde Bethune, and John Percy Boyd, college students in 1970’s Detroit, who went to war to rid their community of big-time heroin dealers. The three got into shoot-outs with Detroit cops from the infamous undercover STRESS unit [[Stop the Robberies, Enjoy Safe Streets). STRESS, which was guarding the drug houses targeted by the trio, had already killed at least 17 Black men. During the shoot-outs, STRESS officer Robert Bradford was killed and another officer wounded.

I hope people realize the film is based on fantasy. And is about as far from fact as Charley and the chocolate factory