A great Huffpo post makes a convincing argument for Windsor vs Toronto that to me has always seemed as clear as the nose on one's face. It is similar what is being concluded about Detroit by artists and others of lesser means in Brooklyn and other overpriced cities.

Chief in this position is that by living in the Detroit-Windsor international metropolis, in essence Canada's second largest metropolis, Windsorites have vast and world class cultural and entertainment resources minutes away with living cost a fraction of Toronto's.

With Detroit's continuing recovery Windsor's appeal should be even stronger.

If you were take my house that I bought in Windsor for 150,000 and put it in Toronto it would cost you 500,000 to buy it....

Due to the cheap cost of living an artist's dollar goes a lot further in Windsor than it does in Toronto.

The geographical location is optimal as well. Windsor is no more than a day's drive from Toronto, Ottawa, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and New York. I can get to Detroit from my house in 10 minutes. Going to Joe Louis Arena to see a Redwings game costs half of what it would cost to see the Maple Leafs in Toronto. Going to Michigan to Henry Ford Museum, Detroit Tigers Games and Frankenmuth to me is what separates Windsor from London. Every major musical act stops in Detroit, and every major sport has a team in Detroit. There is a renaissance emerging and I am glad I get to experience it firsthand.

Not to mention we are the Florida of Canada. As I write this there is three inches of snow on the ground we do not have six foot pickets to find our sidewalks. I have never run out of places to shovel the snow, or ever seen -40 in Windsor. Believe me when I say the Windsor winters pale in comparison to the rest of Canada. I have seen winters with no snow accumulation.