Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Here We Go Again - Another Criminal Shot By Police In Dearborn.

A woman attempts to run down a security guard at Fairlane with her car and then flees police. She then gets hung up in traffic and nearly runs down an officer as he approaches her car as she attempts to flee again. The officer draws his weapon and shoots in apparent self-defense, killing the suspect. The officer was also injured but, thank God, not seriously.

I don't think it will be long before the career protesters turn out en masse and create another spectacle. I hope I am wrong about this.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...mall/79425492/

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...nter/79424200/

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...82840103-story

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/p...wn-center-mall

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayn...-has-been-shot
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; January-27-16 at 10:16 PM.

She must've been driving one of those rare right-hand HHR's for the British market.

I'm guessing she didn't put it into park and was on the passenger side...and the vehicle rolled forward.

It looks fishy, no matter what...all the bullet holes and none of 'em on the driver's side. Nice grouping, though, under pressure.

This isn't the first accident this vehicle has been in either...there was duct or duck tape around that back door. That is curious, too.

Won't be too long before we see the mall security tapes...and/or something from the squad cars.

And look at the baiting in the Fox2 story versus Channel 4's. Too funny.

Ewww! This is going to bow nasty in re. to recent events in Dearborn! Thanks for providing the varied links of news coverage. I work on that area, nice for the persons to have been driving about on Hubbard during this mess. Not!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-16 at 07:00 AM.

One less thug on our streets. We should be sending the Dearborn police letters of gratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    A woman attempts to run down a security guard at Fairlane with her car and then flees police. She then gets hung up in traffic and nearly runs down an officer as he approaches her car as she attempts to flee again. The officer draws his weapon and shoots in apparent self-defense, killing the suspect. The officer was also injured but, thank God, not seriously.

I don't think it will be long before the career protesters turn out en masse and create another spectacle. I hope I am wrong about this.
    Sounds like the officer acted properly. Why would you expect protesters? Is there a political or racial aspect to this? I only read the News article.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    It looks fishy, no matter what...all the bullet holes and none of 'em on the driver's side. Nice grouping, though, under pressure.

This isn't the first accident this vehicle has been in either...there was duct or duck tape around that back door. That is curious, too.

Won't be too long before we see the mall security tapes...and/or something from the squad cars.
    Yes, that does look odd. The car is definitely a deadly weapon so responding with deadly force is reasonable... But was she really "trying to hit him" if he was facing the passenger side?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Sounds like the officer acted properly. Why would you expect protesters? Is there a political or racial aspect to this? I only read the News article.
    If he had dashcam he should be able to prove his innocence.

The force of a car upon the human body is just about equal rather you're hit from the passenger or drive side I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    Yes, that does look odd. The car is definitely a deadly weapon so responding with deadly force is reasonable... But was she really "trying to hit him" if he was facing the passenger side?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-16 at 11:07 AM.

Once again there is a lot of speculation here. First off the woman is not a criminal [unless she had a prior felony conviction] and certainly not as related this alleged incident. Yet. One still is innocent until proven guilty and not a criminal until then. Semantics and the law matter.

The Detroit News article in confusing.

"...she “started to speed away, almost striking an officer,” Shaw said.

An officer on scene pulled out a weapon and shot her, he said. ...

An officer also received minor non-life-threatening injuries during the incident and was hospitalized, Shaw said. It wasn’t clear if that officer fired the shot."
    A strong argument for body cams for Dearborn police is building.

Anyone who "avoids" being pulled over has committed a crime. A person who has committed a crime is labeled a criminal. Therefore anyone who avoids pulling over for the police is a criminal. This is basic logic.

Am I the only one who is fearing a repeat of Ferguson/Baltimore/1967 in Dearborn soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    She must've been driving one of those rare right-hand HHR's for the British market.

I'm guessing she didn't put it into park and was on the passenger side...and the vehicle rolled forward.

It looks fishy, no matter what...all the bullet holes and none of 'em on the driver's side.
    I was in an accident on the Lodge & the officer approached our vehicles from the passenger sides. I'm guessing for safety. While it's common for officers to approach from the driver's side, there is no hard, fast rule that requires it. Additionally, there may have a cop approach each side of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Am I the only one who is fearing a repeat of Ferguson/Baltimore/1967 in Dearborn soon?
    Please don't tell us you found a 3D model of a riot in Dearborn next.

I don't get why you're so hung up about this.

Everything will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The force of a car upon the human body is just about equal rather you're hit from the passenger or drive side I think.
    You aren't getting it.

It's not about where the officer was standing...the shots are AIMED at the extreme left side of the windshield. The one which appears shot at an angle is the side window...putting the shooter in front of her vehicle, likely towards the passenger side.

She couldn't have been moving that fast, or the grouping would likely be much more spread out. Police sidearms are not fully automatic...no three-shot bursts...these bullets required four trigger tugs.

Story goes the officers were outside trying to get her out of the vehicle...then the car moved and she was shot.

All I'm saying is this looks fishy...there is missing information which video would likely solve. I find it hard to believe the Dearborn and Fairlane cops don't have cameras on their vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Please don't tell us you found a 3D model of a riot in Dearborn next.

I don't get why you're so hung up about this.

Everything will be alright.
    I believe the person who created those previous submissions has been banned from that place. This explains why he hasn't returned to predict it.

Ok, well I did not get ALL of it! Thanks for expanding on the detail Gannon, particularly the bullet pattern thing. Were did you see a photo up close to see all of that... not debating that you saw it. I just want to see it as well - which link shoes the zoomed in photos? Thanks!

It wasn't the Channel 4 video...that was amazingly shitty.

Must've been the Fox2 still shots...with the cop cars wedging together, doors opened.

There were only a few clear pictures, and no bullet holes on the driver's side. Not even close.

I say the side window shot looks angled only due the shape of the break. Those are not double-thick safety glass, though, so they don't hold their integrity with shock like the front. Plus, they likely had to reach in to unlock the door afterwards...which might've opened the hole a bit.

I also noticed the hood doesn't match the rest of the car...someone went to a bunch of trouble to fix this car up for her...and all she does with it is bash in a few cop cars. Berserko.

Name:  Fox2 News image of Dearborn Shooting.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  57.7 KB

This is the most damning Fox2 News image...if the last shot was direct, as the car drove by the shooting officer, that would've been the kill shot if she was driving.

I'm not saying the officer did anything illegal or beyond their training. Likely he shot until she stopped...although it appears she wasn't going past those two cars.

It just looks strange. That's all.
    Last edited by Gannon; January-28-16 at 02:24 PM.

Name:  Fox2 News image of Dearborn Shooting with side window.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  52.5 KB

Here is that better side view image from Fox2 News. Still out on that angle...there is some compression towards the rear of the glass.
    Last edited by Gannon; January-28-16 at 02:32 PM.

I just realized that the driver's window is bashed in, too...if more than one cop was shooting, this whole conversation is moot. But there has been no mention of a second shooter, and one witness counted four shots. Another said "one officer pulled his weapon" and fired.
    Last edited by Gannon; January-28-16 at 02:38 PM.

Here We Go Again - Another Conspiracy Theory By Gannon In Dearborn.

I've proposed no theories, nor even a solid postulate. Merely investigating the available facts.

But...while we're at it...it does look, in the Channel 4 video, as if there are two collections of something reflective twenty feet or more behind where they all came to that final stop. Look at :39 into their report, on the pan and zoom towards the scene.

Don't think the broken glass would pile neatly, though. Tough to see, but no obvious glass on the ground outside the driver's door.

But if she left the car in drive while they were trying to pull her out and was shot on the passenger side while the car was just rolling forward...there is a real problem. That is what the available data appears to show.

So, there is your conspiracy postulate. How will the report jibe with the witness statements? One specifically said they didn't know if the car was moving before the officer fired, but it did roll afterwards.

Another mess. This probably will result in lawsuits. The story is not coming out in a quick fashion. I know there has to be an investigation, but no one is coming forward from the mall. I have not heard of many witnesses. BTW, WDIV sure had crappy coverage yesterday evening. Jason Colthorp was so tongue tied, couldn't make any sense of his report. I don't expect Jason to be around WDIV next year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast