Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Local Officials Sue To Block Law Prohibiting Ballot Info

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/01/...g-ballot-info/

A federal court is being asked to block a new state law that prevents local officials from discussing ballot proposals 60 days before the election.

I haven't seen any evidence that local officials have committed any offense in this area.

It's evident that what Republicans are doing is preparing the ground for the dissemination of yet more private-sector lies that cannot legally be countered by even facts from the public sector.

They're trying to hobble their opponent in preparation for a contest of their own design.

Putting anti-government fanatics in charge of government is like putting a fox in charge of a henhouse.

Whatever the intention, I'm glad someone is standing up to it.

With Snyder's approval ratings taking a nose-dive, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to see what damage he can get done in the short time he's in office.

We all really need to pay close attention to every little aspect [[even the tiniest, whispery, shadowy ones in the background) that's being concocted by both Michigan and Federal legislators this year.