Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kwame says, I'll be Back.....

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn his public corruption conviction and 28-year prison sentence.
    A response to the petition for a writ of certiorari and motion for leave filed this month is due Feb. 19, according to High Court records.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/01/20/kilpatrick-appeals-supreme-court-corruption-case/79099998/

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is appealing.....

Not to me he's not.

I believe the Avanti greeting card company is working on a new series of condolence cards specifically to send to Kwhyme when this fails.

Celebration party on February 20th, anyone?!

Who's got Carmen Slowski's address?

just a few minor changes necessary on this one...

http://avantipress.com/cards/avanti/standouts#id=627

And, from back when Steve Wilson was "breaking the ground"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr9MYf1CXTE

After what he did to the people of Detroit. The evidence from municipal corruption to his text sex is concrete. The Court of Appeals will say NO! So it's back to federal prison to serve the rest of his sentence.

Wait - is Kwame the terminator now?

Quote Originally Posted by WKL View Post
    Wait - is Kwame the terminator now?
    He has been, terminated.......

And bob bashara is back too

Ugh and I have Channel 7 on and here comes Christine Beatty...really, all of these people from this chapter of the city's history seem to still have no shame...

Quote Originally Posted by michmina View Post
    Ugh and I have Channel 7 on and here comes Christine Beatty...really, all of these people from this chapter of the city's history seem to still have no shame...
    I also saw her on the news. When asked about her run in with DPD and her famous quote "You know who the F I am ?, she replied I am still Christine Beatty. And she hopes Kwame gets a new trial and is freed.

Whatever happens, the people of Detroit deserve to live their lives without worrying about his fate anymore.

If Kwame comes back, he'd better watch his back!