Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Roseville

Default Roseville

Does anyone here live in Roseville by Kelly and Frazho? If so, have you ever been woke up around 330am by someone on a motorcycle that is loud as can be. Not only that, the person driving the motor cycle always feels the need to gun it on the bike waking everyone up in my house every time he/she drives by. I'm a pretty tolerant person, but this has to end and I'm thinking about staying up one night to get this persons plate. It's outta hand.

Kelly and Frazho area has a small "Africantown" community in a surrounding predominately white neighborhood. Whoever is load motorcycle burning gas and purring that engine is having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Kelly and Frazho area has a small "Africantown" community in a surrounding predominately white neighborhood. Whoever is load motorcycle burning gas and purring that engine is having fun.
    What does "Africantown" have to do with it? Are you suggesting it's a black person making all the noise???

Quote Originally Posted by Olddetroiter View Post
    What does "Africantown" have to do with it? Are you suggesting it's a black person making all the noise???
    Look at you trying to make a racist argument. Nothing in his reply suggested that a black person is making the noise. He was just pointing out a fact about the area that wasn't really relavent to my topic. There is an area that since the 1950's when it was built has been occupied mainly by black people. Nothing wrong with saying that, but not really necessary either.

Personally I couldn't care less if the guy with the bike makes the noise during the day. But at night it's startling. Not many cars go down Frazho at 3-4am, and then all the sudden a motorcycle louder than most roars down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Look at you trying to make a racist argument.
    To me it seemed courious that the first thing he mentioned was the area residents' skin color. But if nobody else has a concern about this, then I take back my comment with apology.

We have the same problem over here off M-10 near Evergreen. A group of three or four motorcyclists seem to love gunning it like mad going through there westbound right around 2:30 am every night. It's like they get past the Southfield on ramp and put that hammer down. They are obviously having a wonderful time. Fortunately they aren't right next to my house or it would be much harder to take.

Any updates?

We have new neighbors across the street [[didn't know it was a rental house until the previous occupants moved!) that like to party into the wee hours, but they've stopped leaving their empties in our yard [[mostly because I take 'em out of my yard and set them in their driveway. I've even seen one of the renters going up and down the street picking up party debris the next day.)

To me it seemed courious that the first thing he mentioned was the area residents' skin color. But if nobody else has a concern about this, then I take back my comment with apology.
    Actually, he mentions 'Africantown'. He doesn't say anything about skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Actually, he mentions 'Africantown'. He doesn't say anything about skin color.
    He also mentions "white neighborhood".. I think white is a skin color. But let's just let it drop. I've already apologized once.

You do realize Danny's specialty is in migration patterns, and he happens to be black, don't you?

He also mentions "white neighborhood".. I think white is a skin color. But let's just let it drop. I've already apologized once.
    Sure, no problem. I just thought that you were trying to pull something out of nothing. All I want to know is who is this idiot on the motorcycle.

A few years back, I lived on Pattow, and at the corner of Pattow and Frazo lived a high-ranking member of The Outlaws, perhaps he and his cronies cause all that noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    You do realize Danny's specialty is in migration patterns, and he happens to be black, don't you?

No, I didn't know that. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    A few years back, I lived on Pattow, and at the corner of Pattow and Frazo lived a high-ranking member of The Outlaws, perhaps he and his cronies cause all that noise?
    hmm, I can't say that I've ever seen anyone around here in an Outlaws jacket, but I do know that it's only one person making the noise. Yesterday I was at a Mexican restaurant on 10mile and a guy on a bike turned down the street off ten mile and it sounded like the guy that I've been hearing. He woken me up 4 times this week. EHHH!!!