Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Gas Prices Where You Live

I filled up for $1.67 several days ago, but per GasBuddy, it looks like many gas stations on the west side of the city have fallen below $1.50/gallon as of today

With oil prices per barrel now falling below $30/barrel, I wouldn't be surprised if we breach the 2009 lows soon and start seeing gas prices similar to what we had in the early 2000s [[around $1.25/gallon or lower).

I guess at least part of the reason prices at the pump have lagged the collapse in market prices is because owners are concerned that these historically low prices will only be temporary.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-16-16 at 10:43 AM.

Here's an 8-year chart of Detroit gasoline and crude prices from DetroitGasPrices.com [[the local GasBuddy website). There is quite a lag there. I guess we can expect gas to get even cheaper.

It makes me wish I had somewhere to drive — far away.

CDN $1.07 per litre here in Vancouver, converts to US $2.79 per US gallon. We are paying the highest prices in North America AFAICT.

Apparently, in Trenton there's a "Charlie's" Marathon station at 3610 West Rd & Grange Rd that for months has been charging 50¢/gallon more than even the notoriously pricey BP station near DTW.

Anyone know why?

Gas still up there here in Nevada. $2.45 or so in most name brands, maybe $2.20 at Costco. All our gas comes in a pipeline from California, which has the highest prices in the continental U.S. They keep saying they are having 'refinery issues', which sounds to me like bullshit after three years of the same line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Gas still up there here in Nevada. $2.45 or so in most name brands, maybe $2.20 at Costco. All our gas comes in a pipeline from California, which has the highest prices in the continental U.S. They keep saying they are having 'refinery issues', which sounds to me like bullshit after three years of the same line.
    Indeed. Its either "scheduled maintenance" or "unanticipated shutdowns" that seem to be constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Apparently, in Trenton there's a "Charlie's" Marathon station at 3610 West Rd & Grange Rd that for months has been charging 50¢/gallon more than even the notoriously pricey BP station near DTW.

Anyone know why?
    In an ironic twist, across town, the Citgo station at Jefferson and Harrison has the lowest price in southeastern Michigan at this moment, charging just $1.39.

I always fill up when I go visit my parents, since they live near Flint and gas is usually cheaper there. It was $1.58 and I had a dollar off in Kroger rewards, so I paid 58 cents per gallon. Filled up for under $10.00 and I drive a SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post
    I always fill up when I go visit my parents, since they live near Flint and gas is usually cheaper there. It was $1.58 and I had a dollar off in Kroger rewards, so I paid 58 cents per gallon. Filled up for under $10.00 and I drive a SUV.
    That's so cheap it's ridiculous. You can't get water for twice that.
    I'm in favor of a hefty increase to the gas tax.
    I'd like to spend most of it on mass transit.
    And I'd be happy if the rest of it repaired our roads.
    Last edited by bust; January-17-16 at 03:20 AM.

A gas station favorite of mine on Michigan near Greenfield [[Dearborn) had gas paid with cash at $1.49! Good times while they last!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    A gas station favorite of mine on Michigan near Greenfield [[Dearborn) had gas paid with cash at $1.49! Good times while they last!
    The BP or the Citgo? The BP was @ $1.45 Friday.

The one across from the McDonalds south side of Michigan... Citgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The one across from the McDonalds south side of Michigan... Citgo.
    Try the BP topside. They're usually $.05 to $.07 cheaper.

$1.64 at Costco a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    $1.64 at Costco a couple of days ago.
    Funny, I filled up at Costco on Bridge street in Montréal and it was 96.9$CDN a litre.

It cost me 46$ to fill a near empty tank whereas a couple of years ago it would cost around 70 bucks.

Am paying $2.34 in North Central Washington. For some reason, along I-90 in George.....about 40 miles south of me in the middle of nowhere.....it's $1.94

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post
    How much gas did you burn getting back home?

Sunday 1-17-16. Hougton Lake exit at 127. Gas war 57 cents a gallon. Five O directing traffic...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Sunday 1-17-16. Hougton Lake exit at 127. Gas war 57 cents a gallon. Five O directing traffic...
    That must have been after this article was posted: Gas Drops To 77 Cents In Michigan.
    The 77 cent gas is available at Bacon and Bridge Market. The Marathon station at 9286 West Lake City Road and the Citgo station at 9469 West Lake City Road are selling 95 cent gas.

Iran sanctions have been lifted which will wash the world with more oil. By some estimates, the country can export 500,000 barrels a day....

There is no major reason to believe gas prices will not continue to press down....
    As of 10 PM last night that station was reported at $1.47/gallon.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-18-16 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That must have been after this article was posted: Gas Drops To 77 Cents In Michigan.As of 10 PM last night that station was reported at $1.47/gallon.
    My daughter was in line texting us all about it. I'm guessing 6:30 pm ish. There are three stations along that short stretch between old 27 and the x way 127.

Edit: I am now gonna verify later today with my daughter because I got the info thru [[ahem) my dear, dear wife.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; January-18-16 at 12:40 PM.

$1.67 in St. Paul, MN this morning. Prices ranging from $1.69 to $1.79 on drive to Madison, WI.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Funny, I filled up at Costco on Bridge street in Montréal and it was 96.9$CDN a litre.

It cost me 46$ to fill a near empty tank whereas a couple of years ago it would cost around 70 bucks.
    Costco in Toronto is down to 84.9c per ltr as at Monday Jan 18th.

That's $3.21 per gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

"Litre"? What happened to the "Imperial Gallon"?

Inside the Michigan Gas Price War
    The war got contentious enough for prices to start at $1.77 per gallon and eventually bottom out at 47 cents per gallon at the Beacon & Bridge Market on January 17th....

The amount of money the B&B Market gas station in Houghton Lake was losing came out to nearly 93 cents for every gallon sold.

Bought gas for $1.62/gallon in Albuquerque, NM yesterday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast