Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Who can stop Donald Trump Now?

Oh my let the games continue....

Only Republican Voters Can Stop Donald Trump Now

At about eleven-thirty on Thursday night, Donald Trump stepped off a stage at the North Charleston Coliseum, in South Carolina, and posed for some pictures with his wife, Melania, his daughter Ivanka, and his sons Eric and Donald, Jr. As Trump is fond of pointing out, they make a striking family. Chances are we will be seeing more of them.

The message that came out of this, the sixth televised G.O.P. debate, was that the Republican nomination is increasingly looking like Trump’s to lose. With the possible exception of Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush, who took their shots at the billionaire from New York, the other candidates seemed to have given up any hope of standing up to him. And neither Cruz nor Bush managed to knock Trump down. Now, it appears, only the Republican voters can do that. According to the latest polls, they don’t seem to be in any rush.

After the debate finished, Ari Fleischer, George W. Bush’s former spokesman, estimated on Twitter that Trump now had a sixty per cent chance of getting the nomination. That’s just one person’s opinion, of course, but it reflects a widespread fatalism in the Republican establishment. Trump, once regarded as a political neophyte who would inevitably self-destruct, is now increasingly seen as an unstoppable force.

Read more here:
    http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...nald-trump-now
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-16-16 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

At about eleven-thirty on Thursday night, Donald Trump stepped off a stage at the North Charleston Coliseum, in South Carolina, and posed for some pictures with his wife, Melania, his daughter Ivanka, and his sons Eric and Donald, Jr. As Trump is fond of pointing out, they make a striking family. Chances are we will be seeing more of them.

The message that came out of this, the sixth televised G.O.P. debate, was that the Republican nomination is increasingly looking like Trump’s to lose. With the possible exception of Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush, who took their shots at the billionaire from New York, the other candidates seemed to have given up any hope of standing up to him. And neither Cruz nor Bush managed to knock Trump down. Now, it appears, only the Republican voters can do that. According to the latest polls, they don’t seem to be in any rush.

After the debate finished, Ari Fleischer, George W. Bush’s former spokesman, estimated on Twitter that Trump now had a sixty per cent chance of getting the nomination. That’s just one person’s opinion, of course, but it reflects a widespread fatalism in the Republican establishment. Trump, once regarded as a political neophyte who would inevitably self-destruct, is now increasingly seen as an unstoppable force.

Read more here:
    Having heard some sound bytes from a couple of Cruz's campaign speeches, I don't care for his religious overtones nor his 2nd Amendment anti-gun control rhetoric. I'm not Republican, and I hate to say it, but Jeb Bush is sounding good to me. I really don't care for Hillary about as much as I don't care for Donald.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-16-16 at 07:17 PM.

Ain't it the greatest selection of folk you've ever-never seen..........?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-17-16 at 09:07 AM.

Ain't it the greatest selection of folk you've ever-never seen..........?
    Scary, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Having heard some sound bytes from a couple of Cruz's campaign speeches, I don't care for his religious overtones nor his 2nd Amendment anti-gun control rhetoric. I'm not Republican, and I hate to say it, but Jeb Bush is sounding good to me. I really don't care for Hillary about as much as I don't care for Donald.
    I can't vote for Bush because of his weakness on immigration AND THERE IS NO COMPROMISE FOR ME ON THIS. I want ILLEGALS OUT and STOPPED; and NO NEW immigrants from North Africa EVER. Without these fundamentals we don't have a Country. I've always been a reluctant "Republican" voter, but this time I shall vote Trump even if I have to write his name in. Screw the Republicans if they don't support Trump. [[incidentally that was a neatly taken swipe you made at Trump!!!)

Feel the Bern.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/

Sigh. None of the above.

Scary, ain't it?

I feel the same way you do Honky Tonk and Zacha341. The line up weirds me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sigh. None of the above.
    Feel the Bern, Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Feel the Bern, Ray.
    Bernie sure supported a lot of legislation to remove any accountability and/or restrictions on gun manufacturing and sales.

Bernie sure supported a lot of legislation to remove any accountability and/or restrictions on gun manufacturing and sales.
    He has a D- from the NRA on his overall record. He supported an assault weapons ban among other things. He represents a state with a lot of hunters which he says has influenced his vote on some things. I don't have a problem with that. There are interviews out there where he explains his views if you are actually interested.

For those of you who think everybody in the race sucks [[not just the frontrunners, but everybody), what would you like to see in a candidate that's missing? Crumbled's just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    For those of you who think everybody in the race sucks [[not just the frontrunners, but everybody), what would you like to see in a candidate that's missing? Crumbled's just curious.
    Rand Paul is the most anti-war, anti-banker, pro-4th amendment, civil liberty candidate of either party. Most of those positions are not found in the other candidates. Paul made the mistake of trying too hard to cultivate the mainstream of his party, has the fault of being too thin skinned, and was taken out by the corporate press early on. He could also be taller and have a deeper voice. Still, I find him refreshing compared with Trump or Cruz. If Paul drops out, my primary vote might best be used to support Grandpa Sanders in his contest with consummate evil.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Rand Paul is the most anti-war, anti-banker, pro-4th amendment, civil liberty candidate of either party. Most of those positions are not found in the other candidates. Paul made the mistake of trying too hard to cultivate the mainstream of his party, has the fault of being too thin skinned, and was taken out by the corporate press early on. He could also be taller and have a deeper voice. Still, I find him refreshing compared with Trump or Cruz. If Paul drops out, my primary vote might best be used to support Grandpa Sanders in his contest with consummate evil.
    I had to read this twice because my first thought was that Rand is your choice and he is in the race so therefore you're not saying everyone sucks. However, now I get it. You're saying he is the right candidate with the right polices, he's just running a poor campaign -- either that or the powers that be are marginalizing him.

Very interesting rundown you gave. While Rand has more than enough positions I don't like and therefore could not support him as a candidate, he does have a few policies I absolutely agree with him on. I agree with him on criminal justice reform, less military intervention in the world, and securing our borders. He also appears a lot less corrupt than your average politician.

Anybody else want to describe a candidate they could support, if they are saying everybody currently running sucks?

This was probably already posted, but I will bring it up again regarding possible connections Trump has:
    http://latinousa.org/2015/08/18/trum...media-ignored/

Read more here:
    I will hang in a little longer say that Joe Biden is still the guy that can get the job done tho the clock is ticking now he will need to steal a major benefactor to flip, but stranger things have happened.

Found out the Daily Stormer-a somewhat neo-Nazi "free speech" site [[for former liberals who got so convoluted their head went right up their own hey-hey!)-endorsed the Don. This is a site with a section labeled "The Jewish Problem", and it was a favorite site of Dylann Roof. They also like to aggressively go after any websites that are Muslim-friendly [[or possibly located in a Muslim heavy state-hmmm!?) by sending a hoard of trolls after them.