Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default It's almost hockey season

I can't wait for the Red Wings to start playing again! I'm also going to try to catch some Plymouth Whaler and Windsor Spitfire games this year.

Waiting as impatiently as you are, jerrytimes! Although I love the weather of summer, it always means the end of Red Wing Hockey for a while. C'mon Hockey Season!!

Always an HHF [[hopeless hockey fan), as a young one I would get next season's hand me down skates from the sports rack in the basement and check the fit and polish them around September. We would flood the back yard in late December.
    Neighborhood games followed when weather permitted. A new layer was added each night.
    Still addicted, I sadly predict a less than stellar season for our Red Wings.
    No matter, anything is possible once the real season begins:

The Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Love hockey also. Have had Plymouth Whaler season tix for years....much cheaper than Red Wings....I also think the junior players just play so hard....they're so hungry for a chance to play in the NHL. But I do love the Red Wings too, so I'm looking forward to the season starting.

Can't beat those Whaler games, big bang for the buck, literally. Windsor will be strong again this year. HIt the 50/50 at a playoff game a few years back for a cool thousand dollars. Blew a big chunk of it at Station 885 after the game. Go Whalers/Wings!

I have seen this lightly reported story, but am wondering how [[or if) the travel by Canadian teams is going to be affected, and if scheduling might have to be changed.
    http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/s...tml?id=1964153

Wings sign enforcer Brad May; send Abdelkader to GR

Bertuzzi & May:
    A tougher, older team, playing a young man's game!

Thoughts?
    They need some toughness, but I like Abdelkader, or Abracadabra, as Ray once referred to him. He'll be back.
    Last edited by Bobl; October-08-09 at 01:38 PM.

Need the thoughness for the regular season. Come playoffs, Abdelkader will be in and May out.

Writing after the first period.
    Brad May put a smile on my face.....wish we could have listened in to the exchange at the end of the period. Reminiscent of the old Probie/Kocur days.
    Blackhawks are likely to be the team to beat this year...