Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Birmingham Restaurant Offering $55 Burger

I think it should be called "The One-Percenter". What would you call it?

"If you’re tired of steak or lobster, there’s always the $55 hamburger at the Townsend Hotel’s Rugby Grille in Birmingham.

Chef Damian Yopek is the creator behind the Rugby Grille Foie Burger. Sold exclusively at dinner, the burger is composed of Wagyu beef, sweet onion jam, seared foie gras, arugula, braised short rib, parmesan aioli, burgundy truffles and Thomasville tomme cheese. It’s served with a side of burgundy truffle fries."

Full article at Freep.com >>

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

"If you’re tired of steak or lobster, there’s always the $55 hamburger at the Townsend Hotel’s Rugby Grille in Birmingham.

Chef Damian Yopek is the creator behind the Rugby Grille Foie Burger. Sold exclusively at dinner, the burger is composed of Wagyu beef, sweet onion jam, seared foie gras, arugula, braised short rib, parmesan aioli, burgundy truffles and Thomasville tomme cheese. It’s served with a side of burgundy truffle fries."

For that kind of money, I expect something to be slaughtered that's on the endangered species list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

Now that's what I call a Hambourgeois!

It's probably a plot by all those new $12 burger places we've been discussing. Makes those seem like a bargain.

I expect a much bigger burger than what the pic shows for $55 dollars.

Not for I!!!

One-percenters won't touch that burger. That's, in part, why they're one-percenters. Most of the wealthy I know are tight-fisted and hang on to every nickle to be deployed in investments.

It will be preening jerks working typical cubicle farm jobs trying to impress their girlfriends on a date. The same bros who hang out at Townhouse, and who drive their leased luxury vehicles around and around on warm summer nights in downtown Bham.
    Last edited by Bham1982; January-10-16 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It's probably a plot by all those new $12 burger places we've been discussing. Makes those seem like a bargain.
    Except that the $12 burger joint doesn't serve them with burgundy truffles [[3 oz cost $125 plus once you start shaving them for a sandwich and fries they have a very short shelf life ==> http://www.earthy.com/Fresh-Burgundy...-Delights.aspx ) You could easily drop a grand on 5 oz of Russian caviar or a bottle of 1982 Moutin Rothschild. Supply and demand. There is a market for this stuff.
    Last edited by davewindsor; January-10-16 at 01:54 PM.

I might try one if I won the powerball jackpot.

A $55 burger is a bargain compared to the $100 hot dog sold at Calgary Stampede. It sold out in one day.

http://www.cbc.ca/1.3145608

The Gourmand Behind New York's $666 'D o u c h e Burger'
    New York City’s 666 Burger food truck has a treat for you. For just $666 you can purchase a foie gras-stuffed Kobe patty covered in Gruyere cheese that’s been melted with champagne steam and topped with lobster, truffles, caviar, and a BBQ sauce made with Kopi Luwak coffee beans that have been pooped out by some sort of animal called the Asian palm civet. The whole thing is then served in a gold-leaf wrapper. It’s called the D o u c h e Burger, and, yes, it really is for sale. Franz Aliquo, 36, co-owner of 666 Burger, explains why....

This is great news for people who like to obsess over what other people do with their money.

Wanna good burger for cheap? Get some really lean ground round. Fry up some bacon, save the grease. Once the grease congeals [[yes it's lard) mix a few tablespoons of it in with the ground round. Cook that. Holy smokes it's good. Thanks Alton Brown.

When you get it to go, do they put it in a D o u c h e bag?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-10-16 at 06:23 PM.

Horrible social values promoted by this restaurant.

Do they use a sorta 'special sauce'?

Is the catsup infused with fresh dried tomatoes sunned in Tuscany?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-10-16 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    This is great news for people who like to obsess over what other people do with their money.

Wanna good burger for cheap? Get some really lean ground round. Fry up some bacon, save the grease. Once the grease congeals [[yes it's lard) mix a few tablespoons of it in with the ground round. Cook that. Holy smokes it's good. Thanks Alton Brown.
    You missed a step: KEEP DEFIBULATER NEARBY.....oh wait, you used lean ground round. I guess its healthy then.

Defibrillator! LOL! I prefer my fat dose in the form of rich ice cream when I can afford it!

$55.00 will buy a lot of White Castle burgers...

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You missed a step: KEEP DEFIBULATER NEARBY.....oh wait, you used lean ground round. I guess its healthy then.
    Know why you think lard is bad for you? Because Proctor & Gamble wanted to sell you Crisco, so they ran a huge ad campaign badmouthing lard in the 30's and 40's, spurred on by a few made-up incidents in Sinclair's The Jungle.

Know what the difference is between beef tallow and lard? Lard has less cholesterol and saturated fat, and slightly fewer calories. It also, arguably, tastes better.

Besides, I never said it was healthy. Does taste good, though.

Palm oil is one of the worst for saturated fat I hear! To be avoided.

Along with the extra strong pepsi/ coke drinks! Maybe a few cheese sticks too!

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    $55.00 will buy a lot of White Castle burgers...

And I still bet the $10 burger at Red Coat Tavern is better than this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Palm oil is one of the worst for saturated fat I hear! To be avoided.
    Palm oil? Is that what they mean by greasing someone's palm?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    And I still bet the $10 burger at Red Coat Tavern is better than this thing.
    Had a good burger @ Vivio's about a week ago.

A fool and their money...........

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Know why you think lard is bad for you? Because Proctor & Gamble wanted to sell you Crisco, so they ran a huge ad campaign badmouthing lard in the 30's and 40's, spurred on by a few made-up incidents in Sinclair's The Jungle.

Know what the difference is between beef tallow and lard? Lard has less cholesterol and saturated fat, and slightly fewer calories. It also, arguably, tastes better.

Besides, I never said it was healthy. Does taste good, though.
    I wasn't around for that ad campaign in the 30's and 40's. My grandmother used to use lard in the pie crusts that she used to make. To this day I never had better pies then the ones she made.
    Last edited by softailrider; January-12-16 at 12:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast