Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit police say property and violent crime down in 2015

Violent and property crimes were down in Detroit last year compared to 2014, according to Detroit police statistics.

The city reported a 23% drop in stolen vehicles, from 10,356 in 2014 to 7,938 last year; an 18% decline in robberies, from 3,806 to 3,103, and a 15% drop in burglaries, from 10,600 to 9,027.

Police reported there were 295 criminal homicide cases last year, down from 299 in 2014.

“Nobody’s declaring success — we’ve got a lot of work to do,” Mayor Mike Duggan said Thursday. “I think what the men and women of the police department have done is terrific."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...2015/78401536/
    .”

Overall some pretty significant declines, would've been nice have to similar in the shootings/homicides category
    Last edited by MSUguy; January-08-16 at 10:48 AM.

Nice to see. I'm very thankful that Detroit bucked the trend of increasing homicides that plagued so many other big cities in 2015, if only by a hair. Mark my words, if this trend of decreasing crime continues, and intensifies, the floodgates will open and the city will boom, sight unseen. People that are on the fence and who more often than not opt for Royal Oak or Birmingham for their urban living experience, will flock to Detroit in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    Nice to see. I'm very thankful that Detroit bucked the trend of increasing homicides that plagued so many other big cities in 2015, if only by a hair. Mark my words, if this trend of decreasing crime continues, and intensifies, the floodgates will open and the city will boom, sight unseen. People that are on the fence and who more often than not opt for Royal Oak or Birmingham for their urban living experience, will flock to Detroit in droves.
    If this keeps up, we'll be murder free by 2089!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    If this keeps up, we'll be murder free by 2089!
    These criminal homicides, are these the ones that come in your bathroom window?

What about the number of justifiable homicides? How many? Could that number have influenced the drop in other crimes?

Hopefully the DPD will find and incarcerate Adrianne Michelle Jones so that she can stop her fleecing and con games of gentlemen in the area. She is a wanted absconder from probation in Oakland County. Anyone who knows of her presence, generally in the 8 Mile/State Fair/Lantz/6 Mile area...28 years old, brown hair and eyes, 5'8", 118lbs, scars on both arms, tattoo on lower midriff area...contact authorities at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    These criminal homicides, are these the ones that come in your bathroom window?

What about the number of justifiable homicides? How many? Could that number have influenced the drop in other crimes?
    They came in through the bathroom window....

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTrap View Post
    Hopefully the DPD will find and incarcerate Adrianne Michelle Jones so that she can stop her fleecing and con games of gentlemen in the area. She is a wanted absconder from probation in Oakland County. Anyone who knows of her presence, generally in the 8 Mile/State Fair/Lantz/6 Mile area...28 years old, brown hair and eyes, 5'8", 118lbs, scars on both arms, tattoo on lower midriff area...contact authorities at once.
    Hopefully gentlemen in the area will pick up a newspaper or a book every now and then, learn a little about life, and stop acting like horny little greenie school boys on Spring break.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hopefully gentlemen in the area will pick up a newspaper or a book every now and then, learn a little about life, and stop acting like horny little greenie school boys on Spring break.
    Hmmmmm I dunnooo, a bonnie lass, 28 years old, brown hair and eyes, 5'8", 118lbs, with scars, tats and a rap sheet, what more could ye ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Hmmmmm I dunnooo, a bonnie lass, 28 years old, brown hair and eyes, 5'8", 118lbs, with scars, tats and a rap sheet, what more could ye ask for?
    Sounds absolutely enchanting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Sounds absolutely enchanting to me.
    And if you had happened to see her booking photo......that seals the deal!

I'm not convinced enough to return to SE Michigan or Deeetroyt.