Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Christine Beatty To Do TV Show

Well, um I guess everyone has their turn at 'reality tv' if one is so lucky?

Christine Beatty aims for 'triumphant return' on TV

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2015...lson/77681350/

"Do you know who I am?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    "Do you know who I am?"
    At first this was supposed to be tongue in cheek till I was listening to the words.

It's perfect in her case. More power to her and the rest of the women featured.

She is wise but it's wisdom for the pain...

Do you think she is truly repentant ?

Last edited by Dan Wesson; December-26-15 at 03:22 PM.

I attended a couple of meetings where she was 'in charge'. She seems like your typical bureaucratic narcissist. Seemed capable enough. But who knows.

I dealt with a lot of city bozos, and I think she was in the top 10% of competence. That may not be saying much.

While she is derided for that famous comment, I wish her the best in the future. Her show will speak for itself. Only time will tell. Good luck to her.

They should name the episode "Sleeping with the Enemy"

Perhaps it will just go a few episodes? I wonder what the overall theme will be...? I don't have cable so I doubt I'll see it.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-27-15 at 03:01 AM.

Just another tacky reality TV show. Hasn't she embarrassed her family enough?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    Just another tacky reality TV show. Hasn't she embarrassed her family enough?

Where you bin?

There ain't no such thing as embarrassment anymore. Celebrity has replaced everything else as the be all/end all for those who crave it.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Where you bin?

There ain't no such thing as embarrassment anymore. Celebrity has replaced everything else as the be all/end all for those who crave it.
    Got that right.

Ain't no such thing as bad publicity, just as long as their talking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Where you bin?

Since 2012 when I left Detroit I "bin" in Santa Fe, NM...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I attended a couple of meetings where she was 'in charge'. She seems like your typical bureaucratic narcissist. Seemed capable enough. But who knows.

I dealt with a lot of city bozos, and I think she was in the top 10% of competence. That may not be saying much.

While she is derided for that famous comment, I wish her the best in the future. Her show will speak for itself. Only time will tell. Good luck to her.
    If her TV "career" doesn't work out... I hear Scott Benson is hiring, he needs an "assistant" for Carol Banks...