Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Joyeux Noël à tous les Détroitiens!

Beaucoup de bonheur à tous en commençant par Lowell et sa jolie et gentille épouse, Sue!

Happy Holidays to all Detroiters!

Canuck, you sound more like Alex Trebek every day. That said, best wishes right back to ya! And all who may lurk here.

A very Merry Christmas to those who participate, and a Joyous Holiday Season to those that don't. Peace to everyone.

Merci Jean. Nous nous souvenons avec émotion de votre grande tournée Montréal. Joyeux Noël à vous, Chantel et les garçons. [<- Google Translate French]

Happy holidays to all the forum!

Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachen, Joyeux Noel, Buon Natale and Feliz Navidad!! And for the rest of you a Happy Festivus....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachen, Joyeux Noel, Buon Natale and Feliz Navidad!! And for the rest of you a Happy Festivus....
    You forgot the Canadians, "Happy Boxing Day!"

My nephew is visiting Montreal this Christmas vacation, and said that, on Christmas Day, he had his lunch in an American restaurant on the site of the one-time home of the founder of Detroit, Sieur de Cadillac. He noted that their Chicken McNuggets cost twice the price in Canada [[no such 20 for $5 there), and that they don't have seasonal eggnog milk shakes. There is a plaque on the wall of this McDonald's to indicate that Sieur de Cadillac once lived on this site. Centuries later, Detroit then sent Montreal the head of the DMC to embezzle and defraud the local hospital.

Yes, everything costs a pretty penny more out here. I didn't know about the house Cadillac lived in on Notre-Dame street where the McDonald's is on the corner of St-Laurent. I had to look it up and found that just West of there, the founder of Duluth, Mn also had a house on that street.

Funny, I wondered about folks Arthur Porter's period in Detroit running the DMC. His passage in Montreal was a low point in a context where the city administration of the two largest cities in the region: Montreal and Laval were about to be scrutinized by a major commission of inquiry on collusion and corruption tied to the construction industry. Porter allegedly got nearly twenty million in kickbacks for contracting out to engineering firms...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, everything costs a pretty penny more out here. I didn't know about the house Cadillac lived in on Notre-Dame street where the McDonald's is on the corner of St-Laurent. I had to look it up and found that just West of there, the founder of Duluth, Mn also had a house on that street.

Funny, I wondered about folks Arthur Porter's period in Detroit running the DMC. His passage in Montreal was a low point in a context where the city administration of the two largest cities in the region: Montreal and Laval were about to be scrutinized by a major commission of inquiry on collusion and corruption tied to the construction industry. Porter allegedly got nearly twenty million in kickbacks for contracting out to engineering firms...
    He should move to Detroit and run for Mayor. [[@ least City Council)

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    He should move to Detroit and run for Mayor. [[@ least City Council)
    Too late now. He died in June of cancer.
    The Wikipedia article on him is pretty thorough, and states that he had side businesses in Detroit as well as in Montreal. He.had a.business partner who was an illegal arms.dealer and at the same time, for.some reason, PM Stephen Harper named him on a Secret Intelligence committee...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arth...er_[[physician)

Beaucoup de bonheur à tous en commençant par Lowell et sa jolie et gentille épouse, Sue!

Happy Holidays to all Detroiters!
    It means:

Much happiness to all, beginning with Lowell and his beautiful and kind wife, Sue

Canuck, je ne savais pas que vous pouvez parler français.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Canuck, je ne savais pas que vous pouvez parler français.
    Oui, c'est ma langue maternelle, Danny. Je te souhaite une Bonne Année 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTrap View Post
    My nephew ... noted that their Chicken McNuggets cost twice the price in Canada [[no such 20 for $5 there), and that they don't have seasonal eggnog milk shakes.
    Yeah but I'll bet they had poutine fries.

Oui, c'est ma langue maternelle, Danny. Je te souhaite une Bonne Année 2016!

Êtes-vous canadien-français?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Yeah but I'll bet they had poutine fries.

What is this, why don't they have it in local McDonalds' restaurants?

They have hockey player styled poutine at McDonald's also. Actually, if you want a taste of Montreal food specialities, look no further than our Smoked meat sandwiches and the local style of bagels. Try Schwartz's deli on "The Main"...

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/promot...tinepetry.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Êtes-vous canadien-français?
    Oui, canadien-français du Québec.