Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Police seek tips in killing of Detroit firefighter

"A longtime Detroit firefighter who was known for his volunteer work died of blunt force trauma to the head, the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office ruled today.

A relative found David Madrigal's body at 7:45 p.m. Monday at his home on the 7600 block of Vaughn on Detroit's west side, Detroit Police Sgt. Cassandra Lewis said. He had not been shot as was previously reported by police, said Lloyd Jackson, spokesman for the county medical examiner.

The death was ruled a homicide."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2015/12/22/detroit-firefighter-killed/77756600/

This is a real tragedy. Dave was a friend of the father of one of my best friends, who is a retired DFD captain. An absolutely great guy who did a lot of good, not only on the job, but in his community both where he worked and where he lived. I hope they catch the person who did this, but even more I'm said that this city has lost another good soul.