Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

They have a loading dock close to the freight elevator for residents to use so hopefully moving won't be too bad. And I sure will post some pics when I get to move in.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    ...Really it's the parking that kills a budget downtown IMO.
    So... what parking arrangements did you find?

I ended up biting the bullet and getting a spot in the garage right below the building. My work may end up giving me a spot but I'm not going to depend on it.

I ended up biting the bullet and getting a spot in the garage right below the building. My work may end up giving me a spot but I'm not going to depend on it.
    If you are living in the building, having the car in the garage is going to end up being a lot more convenient. Of course, if you really don't use the car much, then it matters less, but then you have to start looking at whether owning a car is really the best plan anyway. I believe that there are Zipcars in that garage.

Congrats and welcome to downtown Detroit k-slice. I too live off of Washington Bivd.

Well after a lot of looking and research we decided on Detroit City Apartments, that's Trolley Plaza or Washington Square to the old schoolers. Really excited to come to the city I've always loved and be a part of the revival!
    I was the second tenant to move on to the 25th floor when the building opened in 1981. I, too, had a Washington Blvd view and loved spending time on my balcony. I moved out in 1988, and I heard it had gone downhill some years after that. But, I know some folks that moved in the last couple of years, and they seem quite happy.

So many people I knew back then questioned my sanity for moving downtown. "Where will you eat?" many asked. Duh, dozens of restaurants within a few blocks [[yes, even back then) not to mention Eastern Market. One of my favorite decadent things to do was to walk over the Lafayette Coney Island and get a couple of dogs to go.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll be happy there.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    If you are living in the building, having the car in the garage is going to end up being a lot more convenient. Of course, if you really don't use the car much, then it matters less, but then you have to start looking at whether owning a car is really the best plan anyway. I believe that there are Zipcars in that garage.
    I would love to not have a car but my work requires it. I'm in outside sales so I'm driving to meet clients and prospects a lot. 1001 Woodward will be my office so keeping a car in that garage would not be bad, especially since my girlfriend will be keeping her car under the building no matter what. Thanks for the advice, if my commissions are good enough I may just end up keeping it in the apartment garage.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I was the second tenant to move on to the 25th floor when the building opened in 1981. I, too, had a Washington Blvd view and loved spending time on my balcony. I moved out in 1988, and I heard it had gone downhill some years after that. But, I know some folks that moved in the last couple of years, and they seem quite happy.

So many people I knew back then questioned my sanity for moving downtown. "Where will you eat?" many asked. Duh, dozens of restaurants within a few blocks [[yes, even back then) not to mention Eastern Market. One of my favorite decadent things to do was to walk over the Lafayette Coney Island and get a couple of dogs to go.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll be happy there.
    That's cool man, this was the building I always wanted to move to. I also had heard that as Trolley it was pretty bad. Village Green has done a great job with it it seems like, many updates and more coming according to the staff.

The proximity to the PM was a big seller too, and the skywalk to the Cadillac tower which will hopefully open while I'm there.

I ended up biting the bullet and getting a spot in the garage right below the building...
    just out of curiosity... what's the monthly $$ for the convenience?

As promised, here are the views from my new place, looking both directions down Washington! When sitting on the couch you have an awesome view of the Guardian and Penobscot out the window .
    Name:  20160228_141213.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  217.2 KB
    Name:  20160228_141222.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  201.9 KB

OMG I love it! Great views!!!!!

Beautiful! Is that church St Aloysius across the street?

Yes it is, you can hear the bells when they ring them from inside.

Awesome choice - walking distance to Cafe D'Mongo, coffee shoops, anything downtown really. I lived in that building for a year when I first moved to Detroit. Was fun in the summer watching all the balcony late night hookups and pool party eye candy.

Is that "The Griswold" I see under construction in the first pic?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Is that "The Griswold" I see under construction in the first pic?
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 599
Size:  194.4 KB
    Last edited by hybridy; March-04-16 at 03:03 PM.

Every day i watch that crane lifting beams and everything up to the construction area. So far I love the new digs.

The pictures of your view are damn cool, Thanks for sharing K-slice.

Thanks for giving us pics of your final resting place! Cool views!

"Moving to Detroit" could mean a major corporation moving to Detroit, with 200+ jobs, or a recent college grad doing the same.
    Some people have to be specific with their header, Thank you.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-22-16 at 06:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2