Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Gracie See's Pizza to Close After 47 Years

"We're often read about restaurant openings in Detroit. Unfortunately, here's one about a closing.

Gracie See, a neighborhood pizzeria at 6889 Greenfield Rd., just east of Warrendale, will shut Jan. 31 after 47 years in business, Brenna Houck of Eater Detroit reports.

"I'm ready to retire," owner Grace C. Puleo tells Eater, adding that she sold the building at the end of November.

The new owners plan to open a restaurant, she adds."

http://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/...s#.VnbOrvkrLIU

Maybe the best slices in town.

From all reports, except this one, the new owner will be tearing the building down and building another small strip mall...something this area seems to not really need. <sigh>

Sad to see it go. They were my third favorite 'za joint growing up nearby...but Liberati's and Amato's closed years ago. This is the end of an era.

There is going to be a rockin' party at the end of January before they close. Howard Glazer will be playing his usual weekly gigs right up until the end, as far as I know.

No cheers on this one.

Stopped in about a year ago for a quick slice for lunch, they said they don't do slices anymore. What about the newer location on Michigan Ave?

The location on Michigan Ave in Inkster is legit. Same owners but I believe it is ran by the owners son. I hope they aren't closing this location, as I can get delicious Italian delivered to my front door.