Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A Super El Nino Winter folks in Metro-Detroit Area.

Late December- This wil be a first start of a early warm winter. Zero percent chance for a white Christmas. No chance for winter storms.

January- Temps will be from early 40s to upper 30s. There will be more thaw. less snow and rain showers. There will however a chance for a winter storm watch by mid to late January.

February- Temps will be low 30s to early 20s. Less snow showers. A winter storm watch will come be mid February. Temps will warn up fast to upper 30s near 40.

March- very less snow showers more rain showers, A brief winter weather advisory in effect be mid March. An early spring preview in effect. Temps will warm up fast to upper 50s near 60s. by the Ides of March.

There you had it, folks. Sorry Kids no more snow days, but you all get a just a 3 three days of winter related school closings soon.

Are you a psychic...

He's not afraid of using Google....

http://www.weather.com/forecast/nati...what-to-expect

Could be, but it'll still probably snow on the Tigers' opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Could be, but it'll still probably snow on the Tigers' opening day.
    That's a given!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Late December- This wil be a first start of a early warm winter. Zero percent chance for a white Christmas. No chance for winter storms.

January- Temps will be from early 40s to upper 30s. There will be more thaw. less snow and rain showers. There will however a chance for a winter storm watch by mid to late January.

February- Temps will be low 30s to early 20s. Less snow showers. A winter storm watch will come be mid February. Temps will warn up fast to upper 30s near 40.

March- very less snow showers more rain showers, A brief winter weather advisory in effect be mid March. An early spring preview in effect. Temps will warm up fast to upper 50s near 60s. by the Ides of March.

There you had it, folks. Sorry Kids no more snow days, but you all get a just a 3 three days of winter related school closings soon.

Well Danny, your forecast for Christmas was pretty darn close.to.the truth. Here in Canuckistan, we are experiencing record warm temperatures. 60.8 F in Montreal yesterday. It was like October walking around.with ease. How are.folks in Detroit taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Well Danny, your forecast for Christmas was pretty darn close.to.the truth. Here in Canuckistan, we are experiencing record warm temperatures. 60.8 F in Montreal yesterday. It was like October walking around.with ease. How are.folks in Detroit taking it?
    People that are in the snow removal business aren't too pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Yes, same thing here. Especially hard on those who spent a bundle on new equipment and folks who depend on seasonal work with lots of overtime.

A warm, no-snow Christmas? Will take that anytime, anyday, anywhere.

HATE snow.............

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Yes and no. Those who have per-season contracts are making out like bandits, since they are getting paid regardless. Those with "per push" contracts are the ones who are hurting.

Loving this weather. I'll take this 50 degrees and dry for the next two months then I want a March warm up. However, I know we're going to pay for this good stuff in Jan and Feb.

I will definitely take it. Went for a run in shorts and short sleeves and was comfortable. Can't remember ever being able to do that on Christmas. This whole no snow thing I could get used to pretty quickly.

My neighbors down the street were bbqing for Christmas.

My neighbor too but he does the same even when it is really cold - he just
    bundles up more. Upgraded the barbecue from wheel rims a couple of years
    ago. Has all the family over - nice time!