Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Travel & Leisure Names DETROIT one of the Top 50 Places To Visit!

More very positive news for the D!

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...sure/76719352/

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    Very positive , of course the haters follow right behind.
    My response to all the negative comments on the free press.

Upon reading some of the comments I have to reply.
    Do you people watch the news ?
    I guess some peoples idea of a vacation is a 4 star Hotel in a gated resort.
    Yes some parts of Detroit have issuse, but every big city does, look at Chicago. Detroit has been the evil stepchild ,of the country for far to long Other cities in this state and around the US are becoming just as bad. I just returned from Europe and the negitive things I'm reading about Detroit, Europeans say about the entire US. So trust me just because you live in a "safe" suburb,you live in country , where, EVERY week some "SAFE" city is being shot up. And that's EVERYWHERE ! So keep demonizing Detroit, the rest of our country isn't so great to the outside world.
    Haters gonna always hate on Detroit.
    Last edited by Detroitdave; December-11-15 at 02:16 PM.

I was feeling positive about the article until I read that one of the places it replaces from last year's list is Cleveland.