Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: U of M Football

Default U of M Football

Like your opinion on this

http://www.freep.com/article/2009080...-s-fall-at-U-M

This looks like classic RichRod. These are the kind of kids he has the most success recruiting.

U of M fans is this something you want to live with ?

Not to bash, but what was he thinking? Recruiting a kid with a record and drug involvement. He needs to get to a bowl this year or be gone.

Darn. This is unfortunate in all regards and for everyone involved. And the football team suffers the loss of a potential offensive resource. Not looking good right now. Coach needs some really good news [[wins) this year. A large portion of fans will show some amount of forgiveness after some good wins.

That's more on Bill Martin than Rich Rod. A horse doesn't change it's colors, and Rich Rod has a history of recruiting athletes of somewhat questionable character, I.E. Packman Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by rajdet View Post
    That's more on Bill Martin than Rich Rod. A horse doesn't change it's colors, and Rich Rod has a history of recruiting athletes of somewhat questionable character, I.E. Packman Jones.
    Most of PacMans problems came after he was a pro.

MDen hard copy arrived in post-office-mail today. Swoosh is out, 3 stripes is in.

http://www.mden.com

Beat the Broncos.

I was pleasantly surprised at Forcier's swag. I'm encouraged.

Well, I'm sure I'll get some flack about this post.....but GO IRISH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9936Sussex View Post
    Not from me. Notre Dame [[# 18 AP / # 20 USA Today) has a soft schedule this year. A Wolverine win there in A2 would be a big step for the team this year. If the Wolverines were to win all four of these home games [[especially Notre Dame), it would be a great start on the field.

Pretty embarassing....but go Wolverines!

Well bless you Irish heart. I will wait till Sunday to give you flack.

Clausen has played great. Forcier boasts a lot of confidence.

Who will be the last man standing in the Big House?

Forcier took it to the house! What composure. Hail to the victors valiant!

9936Sussex, you may now have your flack!

Well, it was a good game, but we're mighty sad in our house. A fumble, a TD that's called off, we might have had a different ending. Wasn't happy with Charlie today. Perhaps it will be his last year at ND. I will admit to liking that Tate....he's a great quarterback. It will be fun to watch him over the next few years.

9926Sussex, you're a good sport. I agree with you that Weis might have blown it by throwing the ball on second and third downs.

Wolverines break in at # 25 in the AP.

Beat Ron and the Eagles saturday! Lets see Denard.

ND beating MSU would help the Wolverines.

Bob Wojnowski's remarks -->
    http://detnews.com/article/20090917/...-M--MSU--Irish

Crowd action in game against ND.

Forcier was named the AT&T All-America Player of the Week.
    http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-foot...091709aai.html

The Sports Report Girl is liking Forcier.

Well, it was a good game, but we're mighty sad in our house. A fumble, a TD that's called off, we might have had a different ending. Wasn't happy with Charlie today. Perhaps it will be his last year at ND. I will admit to liking that Tate....he's a great quarterback. It will be fun to watch him over the next few years.
    For your sake, I hope your right. Charlie's " I'm the smartest guy in the room" act is growing old real quick. I think football has a way of humbling ego-maniacs such as him

24-10 Wolverines midway through 2nd. Nice run Brown! Momentum baby.

Hooray on the win. The Wolverines are leading the B10 in scoring offense. Brown ran great.

Next, the Wolverines need to beat Indiana in the home opener this Saturday. And then, because ND [[barely) beat the Spartans, the Wolverines must beat the Spartans in East Lansing. Revenge for last year's loss in A2 would be sweet.

Updated Wolverine rankings:

• # 23 AP
    • # 22 USA Today

Not the Wolverines, but [[goofy) Pete Carrol deserves a shout out for how he reaches out to the Trojans men. Many are only 18 or 19 years old! They are loose, but also disciplined.

See you all Saturday, October 3, 2009. MSU Spartans vs. Wolverines.

GO GREEN!

A' maize n' blue will be black and blue.

Updated Wolverine rankings:

• # 22 AP
    • # 20 USA Today

PS - USA Today reports that USC RB Stafon Johnson will survive the terrible weightlifting accident. Positive prognosis for Southern Cal RB Stafon Johnson after throat surgery.

Southern California running back Stafon Johnson is expected to recover and resume playing football following throat surgery for a weight lifting accident. Trauma director Gudata Hinika gave the prognosis during a press conference at California Hospital on Tuesday. A story about Johnson's recovery was posted on the school website.

Southern California running back Stafon Johnson is expected to make a full recovery after throat surgery, but likely will be sidelined for the rest of the year.

Johnson was hurt after dropping weights on his throat while bench pressing on Monday. He was in "critical but stable" condition after lengthy surgery. Johnson is already communicating with his family and friends without talking. He is expected to make a full recovery and return to playing football.
    Surgeons needed seven hours to repair Johnson's airway and rebuild his voice box.

Johnson lost control of the bar while lifting and was reportedly spitting up blood after the incident. He was unable to breathe when he reached the hospital and was rushed into immediate surgery. Johnson currently has a temporary tracheotomy and feeding tube. Hlinka said he is unsure when Johnson would be able to speak again. He said the senior's athletic background helped him survive the accident.

"If anyone is not athletic like Stafon, maybe they don't survive," Hinika said. "His neck is so solid and muscular and [he has] the discipline of being an athlete. He was able to stay calm and took instruction very well. He's a brilliant guy who understood his situation and handled it well.

The incident drew a crowd to the hospital on Monday night as friends and family awaited word on his condition. "This is a guy who's been an integral part of our program for years," Southern California coach Pete Carroll said. "Everybody loves Stafon. ... When you're as connected as we are, we feel every bit of this. ... We all feel a bit damaged today and injured. ... It's a bad deal."

Chris Carlisle, Southern California's strength and conditioning coach, said such an accident was rare.
    "I've seen players have the bar slip and fall onto their chest, but never in my 25 years of coaching have I heard of someone dropping a bar on their throat," the coach said. Carlisle, who was within feet of Johnson when the accident occurred, said an assistant strength and conditioning coach was acting as a "spotter" for the player.

Johnson, a senior, has a team-high five touchdowns this season and the is the second-leading rusher with 157 yards in 32 carries.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; September-30-09 at 11:07 AM. Reason: edit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast