Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Joslyn & I-75 Golf Dome Demolished

Noticed this yesterday near Great Lakes Crossing, the golf dome that used to be on Joslyn just off of I-75 has been demolished. When did that happen and why? I haven't heard anything about that dome being torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Noticed this yesterday near Great Lakes Crossing, the golf dome that used to be on Joslyn just off of I-75 has been demolished. When did that happen and why? I haven't heard anything about that dome being torn down.
    It's been a while, months I would say.

I remember it blowing down about a decade ago. They could have saved themselves the money on demolition if they had refrained from putting it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I remember it blowing down about a decade ago. They could have saved themselves the money on demolition if they had refrained from putting it back up.

Used to be owned by Ed McNamara. When it blew down, he said he needed a lot of hot air to re-inflate it so he was going to have Brooks Patterson deliver his State of the County speech there.

Actually, it appears that the dome went down sometime this year.