Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

New renderings released today!

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post

track lighting?

Looks like they completely nixed the balconies and some of the other embellishments that were in the first rendering. It will be a solid addition to the area. I am wondering what they will end up doing with the northern facing wall that you can't see in the rendering. Walking by it yesterday it looked like it was just a large blank expanse of concrete.

Attachment 31997 More Pics .

Attachment 31998 Here is another

Attachment 31999 and another

Attachment 32000 one more

Attachment 32001 last one

If I was a 20 something and single, I'd grab one of these places. For the amount of time that I spent at home during my twenties, it would have been a waste to get anything large. It has everything you need, plus location. What more could anyone really want or need?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Looks like they completely nixed the balconies and some of the other embellishments that were in the first rendering. It will be a solid addition to the area. I am wondering what they will end up doing with the northern facing wall that you can't see in the rendering. Walking by it yesterday it looked like it was just a large blank expanse of concrete.
    I think they are keeping it a blank concrete wall assuming that in the future another. Yielding will be built right up against it on the triangle lot north of it. Glad to see bedrock has taken that in mind!! Planning like a real urban city! If there were windows there I would be worried that they just were going to turn that lot into a parking lot for the building. This way they're preparing for a more urban feel assuming another building will be right up against it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post

It comes with a woman on the phone? Who would want one of those for Gods Sake?

These are cute, but I doubt the building will look down on the federal building and book tower, lol.

i wonder why they won't release rental rates? current rates are around $2/sf. $2SF @ 260 SF = $520/mo. im sure they're looking to charge higher though...

260 sq ft is smaller than I thought they were going for. That essentially limits the units to singles. But certainly Bedrock has researched the market and observed micro unit buildings in other cities to see whether the concept works. It's a new world in Detroit when a multi million dollar real estate development is launched and the economics of the project are not being controlled by what to do with the tenants' cars. This is good.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    260 sq ft is smaller than I thought they were going for. That essentially limits the units to singles. But certainly Bedrock has researched the market and observed micro unit buildings in other cities to see whether the concept works. It's a new world in Detroit when a multi million dollar real estate development is launched and the economics of the project are not being controlled by what to do with the tenants' cars. This is good.

other details coming out too.. all fully furnished including television and utilities with the rent. Pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    i wonder why they won't release rental rates? current rates are around $2/sf. $2SF @ 260 SF = $520/mo. im sure they're looking to charge higher though...
    Not sure if it's accurate, but I heard a price of $700 on the radio news.

Doing a bit of math, 18 feet x 14.5 feet = 261 sq ft. About the same as a hotel room, I'd be claustrophobic within 48 hours... They'd have to pay me $700 a month to live there beyond 48 hours.

But, to each their own... "different strokes" and all that

You need at least a two-seater couch facing the tv. You can't just sit on the bed and that window seat doesn't cut it. These places cry out for murphy beds.

I lived in a 47 X 8 trailer with a wife and a baby back in the day. It is doable IF [[really big IF) you don't have too many clothes or too many books.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    You need at least a two-seater couch facing the tv. You can't just sit on the bed and that window seat doesn't cut it. These places cry out for murphy beds.
    I don't know whether Murphy beds are the answer but I agree that the absence of at least one comfortable chair or a small couch would seem to be a problem. Without that simple amenity, the landlord is leasing a hotel room [[and a modest one at that), not residences.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    I don't know whether Murphy beds are the answer but I agree that the absence of at least one comfortable chair or a small couch would seem to be a problem. Without that simple amenity, the landlord is leasing a hotel room [[and a modest one at that), not residences.
    Geez talk about getting in to the weeds. It's not like they won't let you bring your own furniture in.

Quote Originally Posted by ParisianLesion View Post
    Geez talk about getting in to the weeds. It's not like they won't let you bring your own furniture in.
    If the units are furnished what furniture would one bring?

Perhaps "a comfortable chair."

A better question might be where would one put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    A better question might be where would one put it?
    Right in front of the big lamp at the foot of the bed?

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I say, "Move the state capitol down there!!!"
    I assume this was a joke, especially considering how the rest of the state feels about Detroit.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast