Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Possible Massive Corktown Development

Very early still, so who knows the probability of this happening, but coupled with the redevelopment of the Tiger Stadium site, this would be a massive win for Corktown.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...roit/76759118/

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...roit/76759118/

Very early still, so who knows the probability of this happening, but coupled with the redevelopment of the Tiger Stadium site, this would be a massive win for Corktown.
    Excellent news! I always thought that those blocks, as well as the blocks across the freeway interchange [[Grand River, Henry, Pine, 5th Street) could be great little neighborhoods. Both are clearly ripe for development and have pretty cool industrial bones.

hopefully there will be actual development and not just an "exciting" announcement and no work actually accomplished. I hope his days of giving "lavish gifts" to public officials is over.. sigh..

not terribly excited to hear that it's being developed by the roxbury group. the auburn and the griswold have little aesthetic value and are churned out courtesy of kdg. hopefully they can design something a little more substantial than EFIS and decorative CMU block.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    hopefully there will be actual development and not just an "exciting" announcement and no work actually accomplished. I hope his days of giving "lavish gifts" to public officials is over.. sigh..
    I found this little tidbit to be interesting, sounds like him and Kwame were boys until he was asked to take a raw deal. Then he flipped. Go figure...

One still has a choice and if the dollar overrides the suffering of a city it becomes tainted money,nothing to be proud of.

There was also this...

Artist Pharrell Williams banking on Detroit real estate

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...sing/76803010/

Grammy-Award winning musician Pharrell Williams is partnering with an acclaimed New York architect on a potential major housing development in Detroit. Residents in North Corktown say a swath of city-owned empty land is the possible location.

It looks like these two developments may be across the freeway from one another. Throw in Tiger Stadium, whenever that gets going, and you have a part of town that might be completely transformed in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    There was also this...

Artist Pharrell Williams banking on Detroit real estate

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...sing/76803010/
    This makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    I found this little tidbit to be interesting, sounds like him and Kwame were boys until he was asked to take a raw deal. Then he flipped. Go figure...

Yep.. If you ask me this guy should be in the cell next to him. Giving gifts or doing "favors" for officials in order to win public contracts is no less despicable. Fortunately for Soave, that rarely happens to guys like him that have the right "connections".
    Last edited by Johnnny5; December-05-15 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Yep.. If you ask me this guy should be in the cell next to him. Giving gifts or doing "favors" for officials in order to win public contracts is no less despicable. Fortunately for Soave, that rarely happens to guys like him that have the right "connections".
    Lets be honest with ourselves. We would have to build another jail just to house people who provide favors or givebacks for considerations. I'd guess it's rampant in these circles. Is giving a lavish gift and different then someone giving Trump or Snyder or anyone else $50K as a donation? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Lets be honest with ourselves. We would have to build another jail just to house people who provide favors or givebacks for considerations. I'd guess it's rampant in these circles. Is giving a lavish gift and different then someone giving Trump or Snyder or anyone else $50K as a donation? I don't think so.
    I think you are being a tad bit disingenuous. 20 round trip flights on his private jet? That's a lot more than 50K worth of donation. This is probably how Kwame and Beatty flew to the "islands" mentioned in texts. Pathetic.

As for building additional jails for guys like this developer? You might be amazed how much space would be available if we reformed the nation's drug laws and emptied those rolls of non-violent drug offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    I think you are being a tad bit disingenuous. 20 round trip flights on his private jet? That's a lot more than 50K worth of donation. This is probably how Kwame and Beatty flew to the "islands" mentioned in texts. Pathetic.

As for building additional jails for guys like this developer? You might be amazed how much space would be available if we reformed the nation's drug laws and emptied those rolls of non-violent drug offenders.
    I'm not trying to justify it, just saying it happens in many ways, shapes, and forms.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    not terribly excited to hear that it's being developed by the roxbury group. the auburn and the griswold have little aesthetic value and are churned out courtesy of kdg. hopefully they can design something a little more substantial than EFIS and decorative CMU block.
    Roxbury group also did the David Whitney reno, which is absolutely incredible.