Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 14 Killed, others injured in San Benardino Shooting by US citizens?

Check for updates as they occur:
    'Devout' Muslim US citizen and his wife are identified as heavily-armed suspects...

...Mass shooting; suspect identified
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san...dino-shooting/

President calls for gun reforms in wake of shooting
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/politi...ama/index.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-03-15 at 06:57 AM.

It is amazing that they stopped all discussion of the third shooter already.

Even after that half-assed 'house-to-house' search for him after he "rolled out of the SUV" during the chase.

Too many of the first-person accounts reported three gunmen. Masked gunmen.

Are we merely supposed to forget that whole drama?!

Weird that they stayed in the area, one reporter wondered aloud why they were only two miles away after they reportedly drove off casually near eleven in the morning.

Might be they were going to trigger the bombs left behind by that remote control that reportedly failed.

Another attack that should've been worse than it was...with folks assuming it was merely another drill.

A lot of media blackout is occurring here. I had my suspicions long before NPR stated as such.

Already the main man is painted as a loner in life, and there is talk about their armaments being the reason we should have a militarized police force. There still is room in the story to suggest that he may've seen some unethical practices going on there, may've been a whistleblower, and was beyond angry with the facility. No patients were targeted, it was only the County personal there. The same Air Force guy who was in the bathroom gets interviewed in all the reports on NPR and TV.

Yeah, the third man kinda disappeared from the news.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    A lot of media blackout is occurring here. I had my suspicions long before NPR stated as such.

Already the main man is painted as a loner in life, and there is talk about their armaments being the reason we should have a militarized police force. There still is room in the story to suggest that he may've seen some unethical practices going on there, may've been a whistleblower, and was beyond angry with the facility. No patients were targeted, it was only the County personal there. The same Air Force guy who was in the bathroom gets interviewed in all the reports on NPR and TV.

Nothing to see here...move along.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Tuesday night, the police stated that they had a 3rd suspect in custody. I expect that suspect is now in FBI custody and we won't hear anything more about him/her until they have extracted all the info possible from that person.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Tuesday night, the police stated that they had a 3rd suspect in custody. I expect that suspect is now in FBI custody and we won't hear anything more about him/her until they have extracted all the info possible from that person.
    That isn't the only information being suppressed. The female terrorist was vetted and found not to be a terrorist when she received her fiancé visa. Senators Sessions and Cruz have requested information about the immigration history of Syed Farook's parents from Pakistan. Were they illegal aliens or legal aliens, perhaps "refugees"? So far, the Obama administration has refused to hand it over even though Congress is [[constitutionally) responsible for developing immigration policy. Also, one neighbor reported that middle eastern looking men had been frequenting their house lately. She didn't report that to the police for concern of "racial profiling".

So far, at least three California gun control laws were known to have been violated. Obama's solution, of course, is to institute more gun control laws to be violated and bring in more Muslim immigrants, the definition of insanity being repeating something that doesn't work.

According to AP news, Tasheen Malik had pledged allegiance to ISIS on Facebook under a false name. Then deleted the post just before leaving to commit the killings. Wonder how the politicians are going to spin this revelation.

Eh, you're just spouting more of those 'conservative' talking points from the right wingers ------ [[smile)

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    That isn't the only information being suppressed. The female terrorist was vetted and found not to be a terrorist when she received her fiancé visa. Senators Sessions and Cruz have requested information about the immigration history of Syed Farook's parents from Pakistan. Were they illegal aliens or legal aliens, perhaps "refugees"? So far, the Obama administration has refused to hand it over even though Congress is [[constitutionally) responsible for developing immigration policy. Also, one neighbor reported that middle eastern looking men had been frequenting their house lately. She didn't report that to the police for concern of "racial profiling".

So far, at least three California gun control laws were known to have been violated. Obama's solution, of course, is to institute more gun control laws to be violated and bring in more Muslim immigrants, the definition of insanity being repeating something that doesn't work.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-05-15 at 07:21 AM.

Spin indeed, however I don't think the so-called third person has been fully expunged? Or maybe it was solely workplace violence?

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    According to AP news, Tasheen Malik had pledged allegiance to ISIS on Facebook under a false name. Then deleted the post just before leaving to commit the killings. Wonder how the politicians are going to spin this revelation.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-05-15 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Spin indeed, however I don't think the so-called third person has been fully expunged?
    After the San Bernardino shootings, the president said that he's confident the US is safe from a Paris style attack. Since then, the lovely and vetted Tashkeen Malik was discovered to have sworn allegiance to IS and IS is claiming that IS followers carried out the San Beradino attacks. Maybe they gave the third person a job in Obama's "Department of Justice".

edited to add: Tashkeen Malik provided a non-existent address on her visa application but the vetting process missed that too. Either the police or FBI or both left the terrorists apartment unguarded. The landlord let a swarm of reporters and whomever else in contaminating and pawing through the evidence. Reporters noted the presence of documents, some shredded, all over the apartment. The Obama administration meanwhile refuses to provide immigration information about the circumstances surrounding Syed's parents' immigration from Pakistan.
    Last edited by oladub; December-05-15 at 01:14 AM.

This was truly an ISIS inspired terror attack like the one on Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

He was reportedly on a watch list for two years,I am thinking arranged marriage to get her into the country and provide level of respectability under the radar.

I think the target was LAX they just got pissed off at the party and jumped the gun and decided to add another target into the fray.Which is scarier because they were unstable terrorists and maybe not dedicated to the original mission.

Which would show that there are now two levels of terrorists,organized cells and unorganized funded chaos for who ever wants to sign up.

It is physiological warfare.

Example of being PC correct costs lives and once again shows that the vetting process is a matter of odds at best.
    Last edited by Richard; December-04-15 at 10:03 PM.

Photos of Tashfeen Malik released, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...seen-face.html

Nice photo. I like the one of her face down, in the middle the road, lying in a pool of blood, like the POS she was, better.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-05-15 at 07:09 AM.

Read the New York Times front page editorial. A easy solution to the problem. Would work just as well as prohibition and the war on drugs. I envision long lines of thugs, terrorists and people with mental health issues at the local police station waiting quietly to turn in weapons. The Times reportedly has armed security at the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Read the New York Times front page editorial. A easy solution to the problem. Would work just as well as prohibition and the war on drugs. I envision long lines of thugs, terrorists and people with mental health issues at the local police station waiting quietly to turn in weapons. The Times reportedly has armed security at the front door.
    The NY Times article said the gun homicide rate went down 59% in Australia. During approximately the same time frame, the US gun homicide rate went down 49% according to Pew Research. California and Washington, DC have about the most stringent gun control laws in the US yet at least three of California's gun control laws were broken by the Muslim couple. Washington, DC's gun homicide rate is 51 times that of Vermont's per 100,000 population suggesting that other factors are at play besides how many laws are on the books.

The president continues to spin the San Bernardino killings as being a problem guns have and maybe partly a workplace incident. He ignores Syad and Tashkin's stockpile of bombs. He cannot mouth the words "Islamic terrorism" although IS is claiming the credit. He continues to refuse to hand over the requested immigration records of Syed Farook's parents from Pakistan to the Senate. He continues to lobby for larger numbers of Muslim refugees whom he assures us are vetted. Tashkin Malik was also vetted. She used a nonexistent address on her visa application and Homeland Security didn't even pick up on that. We even found out that the FBI allowed much of the evidence to be contaminated if not stolen. Was the latter incompetence or design? Either way, this administration seems more intent on promoting its agenda.
    Last edited by oladub; December-05-15 at 11:01 AM.

Default San Bernardino Terrorism victims: Who They were...

Last edited by Zacha341; December-06-15 at 06:34 AM.

Can anybody tell me why I'm supposed to be more scared of Isis than any other heavily armed crazed shooter? To me they all suck equally. I can only be killed once. The ideology of the shooter isn't going to make a difference in how dead I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Can anybody tell me why I'm supposed to be more scared of Isis than any other heavily armed crazed shooter? To me they all suck equally. I can only be killed once. The ideology of the shooter isn't going to make a difference in how dead I am.
    This why passing feel good laws don't have any effect. You can't outlaw or stop someone from carrying out a attack if he or she is determined enough. The choice of weapons is endless. Calling for gun control or prohibition of weapons ownership will not stop attacks like this. There are an estimated 300 million weapons in private hands. Remember what happened in Oklahoma City.

But their ideology could speak to how determined they are to kill you. However, I do get your broader point. The times bear vigilance and care to stay safe and sane.

No one said you had to be afraid of IS. Terrorist killings in the US based on Christanity including 3 at PP, Islamic killings include the 14 in San Bernadino, and other ideologies still make up a tiny fraction of mass killings since 9/11 and mass killings, in turn, make up a small percentage of homicides in the US. However, as 9/11 pointed out, the scope of Islamic mass murders in the US can be exponentially larger than other mass murders. Consider that Islamic terrorists are more likely to eventually deploy back pack nukes and other WMDs than anti-abortionist Christians and you might have something to worry about. IS has stated that it has a presence in the US and that IS is using the refugee movement to funnel its fighters into Europe. Why disbelieve them? IS also had ties to the San Bernadino couple.

Although the overwhelming majority of US Muslims are peaceful, Muslims in the US have committed 100x as many terrorist murders based on ideology, per capita, as non-Muslims since 9/11 and 10,000x as many, per capita, including 9/11.Thise facts are based on 45 and 48 ideological murders by Muslims and non-Muslims in the US since 9/11, 2,996 deaths on 9/11, and 3M Muslims in the US out of 318M residents. These numbers include the recent Planned Planned Parenthood and San Bernadino killings.

Also, our present leadership has not only helped create IS, it is intent on bringing in as many Syrian refugees as it can. Based on its lousy vetting of "moderate" terrorists in Syria that this administration and Republicans have given weapons to, the above statistics, its ignoring Russian suggestions about the refugee Tsarnaev brothers, and not vetting Tashkeen Malik properly, I think it imprudent to believe that this time, the Obama administration has got its act together on vetting anyone.

In todays Huffington Post a George Washington University professor called not for "Gun Control" but "Domestic Disarmament". Form your own opinions.

In my opinion, tying the gun control debate to events like San Bernardino does a great disservice to the argument. It's a poor debate to have in this context.

There are plenty of domestic situations, both accidental and stupid, happening daily that are more relevant to the gun control debate.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    In my opinion, tying the gun control debate to events like San Bernardino does a great disservice to the argument. It's a poor debate to have in this context.

There are plenty of domestic situations, both accidental and stupid, happening daily that are more relevant to the gun control debate.
    Where did I mention gun control? I'm talking about why does the media choose to hype this spree as somehow being worse because of Isis. Violence and death are the same no matter who is behind it or why. I suppose it makes a difference to law enforcement looking for collaborators, but it doesn't make a difference to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast