Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Michigan Fuel Prices Lowest in Nation

I am one jealous Canadian, especially since most Mich. gas is piped in from Alberta by Canadian company Enbridge. We are currently paying about $4.00 Canadian for a U.S. gallon here in Ontario. I realize most of you would rather pay a little more taxes for better roads but still!

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...west/76553480/

Here's a color-coded map of gas U.S. gas prices. Prices have been dropping all month.

The article advises to buy now because it won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Here's a color-coded map of gas U.S. gas prices. Prices have been dropping all month.

It will last long enough for everyone to buy big cars and pickups. Then LOOK OUT!

Good advice. I filled up in Santa Fe, NM for $1.73/gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    It will last long enough for everyone to buy big cars and pickups. Then LOOK OUT!
    Here's a depiction of the situation in the time domain:

I see a nice little statistical project. run correlations between the price of crude oil and the price of regular gas. The price of crude oil and gas prices are both ratio level data and someone can take a program such as SPSS or SAS and run the correlations...

Also, correlate the price of regular gas in MI vs. USA [[to see if they move in tandem, by visual inspection it appears the price of gas in Detroit and across the state of MI are highly correlated).

i had 40 miles till empty yesterday. headed to kroger and had 80 points. filled my tank for $11.50 paying 79 cent per gallon!

All that will do is cause a demand on the market and raise the prices.