Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Jemison said the city has been approached by three developers "with real capacity" interested in rehabilitating the historic building."
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...-redevelopment

If the city has been approached by developers who actually have the ability to redevelop the Lee Plaza, I hope this deal goes through as soon as possible.

I see no downside here, if the city can market these properties whereas the Housing Authority could not.

I hope something happens sooner rather than later. There needs to be an aggressive plan to redevelop the broader neighborhood areas. Rehab or raze all the derelict structures, including the long-abandoned storefronts. Employ local people in the process.

Detroit scuttles proposals for Lee Plaza, seeks new developer

• City again seeks development group for long-vacant West Grand Boulevard tower
    • $400,000 stabilization campaign underway, expected to last another four weeks
    • Three bidders rejected last month after none "seemed feasible without major scope adjustments"
    In the meantime, an approximately $400,000, two-stage stabilization project is underway. The work includes installing clear window boarding and removing asbestos and lead. The contractor is St. Clair Shores-based GTJ Consulting LLC.

Yes, I noticed the clear window boarding go up about 6 weeks or so ago. I knew something beyond talk might be happening this time. There's been little attempt to seal the building before.

A few other schools heading east of Linwood off US 10 south of Clairmont have been clear window boarded too.

I was truly surprised to see the windows covered. Who paid for that?

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    I was truly surprised to see the windows covered. Who paid for that?
    Maybe those guys in that old box truck that stole all the copper roofing had a change of heart and chipped in to pay for it.

Hahaha! They're such nice guys!

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ng/2868303002/

The City of Detroit plans to sell the historic building to Detroit-based Roxbury Group and Ethos Development Partners for $350,000, according to a news release.

Roxbury Group being on this project certainly adds legitimacy where as the previous plans lacked backers with a proven track record of delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Roxbury Group being on this project certainly adds legitimacy where as the previous plans lacked backers with a proven track record of delivering.
    Worth saying twice. Roxbury Group. Renovating Lee Plaza. Holy #&%=!

Detroit is running flat out of large tall abandoned buildings. Ilitch owned exceptions of course. If this one gets under construction before there is any movement on the United Artist Building that family has no shame. None at all.

^^^ what's going on with the UA building now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ^^^ what's going on with the UA building now?
    Sooner than later, we should hear something

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5