Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Different people support thier choice of sports,I would figure it was not confined to the particular city.

If somebody for instance wanted to ramp up soccer in the city would it not be feasible to think that having the support of fellow soccer players across the world would be beneficial to the cause?

But you have been around the block enough times know these things already,so why the push to remove the outside supporters of everything Detroit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Different people support thier choice of sports,I would figure it was not confined to the particular city.

If somebody for instance wanted to ramp up soccer in the city would it not be feasible to think that having the support of fellow soccer players across the world would be beneficial to the cause?

But you have been around the block enough times know these things already,so why the push to remove the outside supporters of everything Detroit ?

Why do you feel you have the right to dictate, from 1700 miles away, what residents of a community can and cannot have in their communities, because this is something you like?

It is not dictating,you know what they say about opinions and we both have one.

But push comes to shove and one does not have any solidity you can always resort to the old attack part.

I get it,you are haveing a bad day,it happens,no gran prix today,did you go enjoy the island,how about yesterday or the day before? Or is it a case of I do not but if I could.

Once again it is 1171 miles,I am not sure where you are getting the 2200,1700 etc figures from?

Besides,my truck spent 65 years up there so it has some soil from Michigan on it,I can at least taste the city,no?

They also opened up a Detroit based Coney Island place an hour from here so I can sample that part,interesting enough they do not have a get off of my lawn sign in thier window,they are well received and opened a second location in May,funny how so far away but yet still promoting Detroit in a positive way.
    Last edited by Richard; July-30-18 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It is not dictating,you know what they say about opinions and we both have one.

But push comes to shove and one does not have any solidity you can always resort to the old attack part.

I get it,you are haveing a bad day,it happens,no gran prix today,did you go enjoy the island,how about yesterday or the day before? Or is it a case of I do not but if I could.

Once again it is 1171 miles,I am not sure where you are getting the 2200,1700 etc figures from?

Besides,my truck spent 65 years up there so it has some soil from Michigan on it,I can at least taste the city,no?

They also opened up a Detroit based Coney Island place an hour from here so I can sample that part,interesting enough they do not have a get off of my lawn sign in thier window,they are well received and opened a second location in May,funny how so far away but yet still promoting Detroit in a positive way.

Why didn't you just tell me you ate a "Detroit Coney Island" hotdog, Richard? I had no idea! Of COURSE that makes you an expert on this City! OMG! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Why didn't you just tell me you ate a "Detroit Coney Island" hotdog, Richard? I had no idea! Of COURSE that makes you an expert on this City! OMG! Lol!
    Considering there are 35,000 other cities in the country,all you have to do is name one thing that happens in Detroit that is not happening 35,000 times a day in every other city.

It is not like you are reinventing the wheel.

Out of 500 messages to the DNR, 77% support keeping the Grand Prix on Belle Isle.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-to-belle-isle

It’s a conspiracy! Check the data on those 500.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    It’s a conspiracy! Check the data on those 500.
    Maybe you’re right? It should be even higher than 77%, given that the detractors first protest drew 5 people and their second protest had about a dozen!

A dozen paid people with an agenda, right?

Keep the thread going until next year.......because why not...., right ?

Maybe we need GO CART racing at Hart Plaza
    https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...t-Plaza-Future

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7