Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Building at Clifford and Washington

There was a building at the SE corner of Clifford and Washington as evidenced by the photo below. Did it have a name? When was it torn down?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/donn_t...n/photostream/

And does anyone remember Frank Brothers? I can't find info on it like I can for Himelhoch's or B. Siegel. If it was on Washington, it had to have had some class to it...

Thank you! I went there first but must have scrolled right past it.

Love that Flickr photostream. That's downtown just as I remember it from my teen years, when I was going through there every day on my way to/from school. From the movies on the marquee I believe it's 1972. In fact, I think I saw that double feature of Fist of Fury and Day of Anger at the Plaza - a nice relaxing afternoon at the movies.

Frank Bros. was a high-end menswear chain whose main store was on 57th St. in NYC.

Sometime around 1997 or 1998, its owner decided to raze the building for a parking lot.
    Typical.....I wonder if this person even still owns the lot....

Assholic.

However, that means there should be some pics of this building from 1995/1996 out there somewhere. C'mon now...who has them and is willing to share?