Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default WDET - Radio Clash - 1989?

Does anyone remember this old radio show? It used to be on Friday night's from I think 12-2am right after the Mikey Dread show and before Fast Forward with Alan Oldham.

That and the old David Wisdom show on 88.1 is where I found real music ...

Wow, I forgot all about Radio Clash. Mikey Dread's and Alan Oldham's shows were great too. I've been listening to WDET since the 70's. Is David Wisdom on now? I'm not familiar with 88.1 as I only listen to WDET or Satellite.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSixMile View Post
    Does anyone remember this old radio show? It used to be on Friday night's from I think 12-2am right after the Mikey Dread show and before Fast Forward with Alan Oldham.

That and the old David Wisdom show on 88.1 is where I found real music ...
    I thought David Wisdom-Nightlines was on 89.9.

No David Wisdom is long gone from what I know..he was from Canada and that's where I also learned about decent music...

Yes he was on 89.9 ... first place I heard The Dead Milkmen. I used to Volunteer for Anita Tackette who was the host of Radio Clash...back in 1989 I think lol

I didn't see any Radio Clash / WDET info easily Google-able, but I am pretty certain there used to be a second [[or co?) host along with Anita Tackett.

When I was there sometimes Gary Barnett [[sp?) from Fun magazine would come by and share records. It was really great ... to be a part of that and learn about real music.