Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    detroitsocialbug Guest

Default What is your favorite Faygo Pop?

Drinking Faygo Pop is something I enjoy doing, my favorites are 1.Grape and then 2.Orange. Faygo has a large variety of flavors for people to pick from and this is why I think it will never stop being a Detroit Favorite Soda Pop.
    Last edited by admin; October-28-15 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsocialbug View Post
    Drinking Faygo Pop is something I enjoy doing, my favorites are 1.Grape and then 2.Orange. Faygo has a large variety of flavors for people to pick from and this is why I think it will never stop being a Detroit Favorite Soda Pop.
    1. Redpop
    2. Rock N Rye
    3. Orange
    4. Apple
    5. 60/40
    Last edited by admin; October-28-15 at 06:55 PM.

Red Pop....

1. Red Pop
    2. Black Cherry
    3. Cream Soda
    4. Grape
    5. Rock and Rye

I'll enjoy any of the original formula in glass bottles...they make the first six flavors this way.

in order, I'll grab:

1. Root Beer
    2. Cream Soda
    3. Rock 'n' Rye
    4. Orange
    5. Grape
    6. Red Pop

They all take me back to growing up in the 60s and 70s...sodapop was different before High Fructose Corn Syrup. The body and taste of these is far better to everything else they make.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I'll enjoy any of the original formula in glass bottles...they make the first six flavors this way.

in order, I'll grab:

1. Root Beer
    2. Cream Soda
    3. Rock 'n' Rye
    4. Orange
    5. Grape
    6. Red Pop

They all take me back to growing up in the 60s and 70s...sodapop was different before High Fructose Corn Syrup. The body and taste of these is far better to everything else they make.

Cheers
    I know Pepsi has gone back to selling its pop with actual Sugar. Also, both Coke & Pepsi are experimenting with a variant of pop that has Stevia.

But it's funny because people have been drinking the pop with fructose for so long that they can't even tolerate the real/ natural stuff.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-25-15 at 09:43 AM.

Which way did he go?
    Which way did he go?
    He went for Fa-a-a-a-a-ay-go
    Faygo Old-Fashioned Root Beer

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I know Pepsi has gone back to selling its pop with actual Sugar. Also, both Coke & Pepsi are experimenting with a variant of pop that has Stevia.

But it's funny because people have been drinking the pop with fructose for so long that they can't even tolerate the real/ natural stuff.

I'm not sure they've made their whole production using cane sugar, but the Throwback versions of Pepsi's offerings do. Thought only the Mexican-made Coke in the smaller glass bottles was non-HFCS...but it has been years since I checked them out.

My dream is to have Vernor's return to Stevia and that magical four-year aging cycle in Oak Barrels...without both, it is a diluted echo of its former self.

Cheers!

As a kid in the 50's, I loved Faygo Rock-n-Rye, with chips. The name was strange, and I had [[still have) no idea what was in it, but it was tasty. I now live in a Faygo-free state, and have no idea if it's still available.

Default Vernor's

I can remember, in the 50's, when it was "aged 7 years in wood," then "aged 4 years in wood," then just "aged in wood." Sic transit gloria mundi.

A. Rock and Rye
    B. Black Cherry
    3. Apple
    4. Red Pop
    5. Root Beer
    6. Holiday Ginger Ale, 60/40, Grape, Creme Soda

One & only Rock n Rye. The only Faygo I drank. Vernor's was my go to as a kid, and still is....uhhh, "many" years later.

Question -- I haven't lived in the Detroit area since the early 70's. Does Faygo still make Uptown? I used to like it.

Rock n' Rye all the way... or Creme Soda.
    60/40 unexpectedly goes great with vodka [[or tequila). Moon Mist is one of the best names ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Which way did he go?
    Which way did he go?
    The one and only Faygo Kid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJ3ndUWBj4

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Question -- I haven't lived in the Detroit area since the early 70's. Does Faygo still make Uptown? I used to like it.
    Alas, no longer made. You could even make sauerkraut out of it according to this book:

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Rock n' Rye all the way... or Creme Soda.

Beat me to the Creme Soda and Rock n' Rye, Al.

Never did use a Faygo as a mixer.

Rock 'N Rye all day!

1. Rock N Rye
    2. 60/40 [[too bad the name Squirt was already taken)
    3. Red Pop
    4. Black Cherry
    5. Cola

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Which way did he go?
    Which way did he go?
    Black Bart You Are Through

Dietgrape should be sold in a two-liter. Ican only find the single-serving bottle. Also there should be a diet version of cream soda and 'Gold' [[the stuff that I presume is a Vernors analog.)

Red pop, orange, grape

1. Rock & Rye,
    2. Fruit Punch, Orange, & Pineapple Mix
    3. Crème Soda
    4. Twist

Faygo orange and a package of Hostess cupcakes. Breakfast of champions..

what was the pop that came in dimpled bottles from the old time vending machines? Was that Faygo, or maybe Nesbitt's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast