Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hoes in the D

Default Hoes in the D

Last night I was hanging out with a couple of Detroit police officers. We conversed on everything Detroit. The most interesting part of our conversation revolved around prostitution. One of the officers proclaimed that Kwame ridded the city of organized prostitution. He said, "you can't find a competent pimp or decent stable of hoes in this city, and it's all thanks to Kwame". According to this officer, the only hookers left are renegade crack heads. Michigan Ave, Cass, Woodward, and 8 mile have all been cleaned up apparently. Is he right? Did Kwame, like the Pied Piper, lead all of the hoes out of the city?

I do remember reading of a surge in high class hookers in Houston.

i know there's been plenty of organized prostitution and drug use going on in the sleezy motels on Telegraph between 5 Mile and Grand River. if the cops aren't seeing that, they shouldn't be collecting salaries. they certainly haven't been doing anything about it-at least for the 5+years i've been driving that area regularly at night.

Retroit Guest

Maybe it's just a matter of how you define "competent" pimps and "decent" stables of hoes.

I'm sure there are plenty of incompetent pimps and indecent stables of hoes.

MIRepublic Guest

Just to note, a "ho" is a prostitute. The plural of ho is "hos", which looks like it'd be pronounced like "hoss", but isn't.

A "hoe" is an agricultural implement. It's plural is "hoes".

Given the increase in urban gardens under Kilpatrick, I'd say there was a marked rise in the use of hoes under his administration. Hey-o!

Really, no more professional ho's in Detroit other than crackheads due to Kwame's effort? I have a house located anywhere in Detroit worth, let's say, $200,000!

Thanks to Kwame they all lead respectable lives.My "Gramps" had nicknames for the MichiganAve HO'S back in the 90,s.

MIRepublic Guest

My dad used to call the ones along Grand River "Grand River Rats".

BTW, the grammar nazi says that unless the hos are possessing something in your sentence, they don't get an apostrophe, either. Alas, poor hoes; along with being chased out of the city, they've had their "e" and their apostrophe taken from them within the course of a few hours. I guess it really is hard out their for a pimp.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; August-10-09 at 01:56 AM.

I don't know if the absence of "competent" pimps and decent-looking prostitutes in the city is so much due to Kwame's efforts as it is the fact that most of the well-paying clientele live and work in the northern suburbs. Just ask Mr. Stabenow.
    Last edited by artds; August-10-09 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
    I guess it really is hard out their for a pimp.
    No, but it is hard out there for a pimp. I mean if we are going to have grammar Nazis and all.

detmich Guest

Hey where did my post go?

Look I'm being censored! It's the violence inherent in the system!
    Last edited by detmich; August-10-09 at 02:22 PM.

Prostitution was moving off the streets long before Kwame showed up. It's actually more rampant these days around major business districts in the suburbs and the airport. You don't drive along the streets to pick up a "ho" anymore, you just order one off the internet. They even take credit cards.

I never quite thought of it, but with his record this speculation is a gimme.

The prostitutes were PLENTIFUL everywhere during the SuperBowl...that summer before and after, too. Swarming Michigan Avenue and Fort Street, at least.

Anyone else wondering if Kwhyme was actually PIMPING, too?! Seems he was having some curious meetings over leading the crime on the streets, to hear some of the disgruntled executive detail talk about the partying in the mayor's office during his first term.

Some of these women subdued by our most infamous Svengali might've even been turned out by him...even the ones at the top levels, like our Police Monitor. It all starts to make perfect sense why each of these women would continue to put up with him.

I'm just sayin'...

EXDETROITER2 Guest

Could the have migrated to an area in which the unemployment rate isn't so high?

I still see a few patrolling Michigan Ave from time to time, out near Central.

A hoe is a garden tool. A ho is nothing but an expression of sound. A whore is the correct word. Why does everyone insist on HO for WHORE. It is incorrect pronunciation of the language. Why dummy down????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Oldertimer View Post
    A hoe is a garden tool. A ho is nothing but an expression of sound. A whore is the correct word. Why does everyone insist on HO for WHORE. It is incorrect pronunciation of the language. Why dummy down????????????
    Bcuz they r 2 lz 2 type the whole wrd

Thanks Maxine1958 for the great laugh or should should I have said LOL....?

Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
    My dad used to call the ones along Grand River "Grand River Rats".

BTW, the grammar nazi says that unless the hos are possessing something in your sentence, they don't get an apostrophe, either. Alas, poor hoes; along with being chased out of the city, they've had their "e" and their apostrophe taken from them within the course of a few hours. I guess it really is hard out their for a pimp.
    Hard out there.... There is a place like the word here which is in there.
    Their is for possession. Ex.: The hoes' lives improved when their pimp was shot.

[ A lesson from your friendly neighborhood English teacher. Why should fer'ners be able to write better English than native speakers?]

Kwame ridding the city of hoes? I believe that. Everything he touched turned to shit...

When crack hit the streets in the mid-80s, it killed a lot of street hustles, not just prostitution.

I think prostitutes left the street and were shepherded into private houses which make the neighbohoods even more depressed.
    Lots of houses of ill repute in the city. They move around some, but lack of dwellings is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimm View Post
    i know there's been plenty of organized prostitution and drug use going on in the sleezy motels on Telegraph between 5 Mile and Grand River. if the cops aren't seeing that, they shouldn't be collecting salaries. they certainly haven't been doing anything about it-at least for the 5+years i've been driving that area regularly at night.
    Nothing new. Those motels have been seedy for a long time. Back in the early 80s I was a telephone tech working NW Detroit and Redford and I had a lot of them as my regular customers. Here's one example of a typical repair call: One fine day, I got a hot trouble case [[they had called Michigan Bell's president's office) stating that the Del Prado Motel [[just north of Schoolcraft, it's had a variety of other names in the years since) was having major issues with their switchboard. I get out there to discover that the switchboard was OK, the only problem was that the hotel's extension to the bar was out of order. I spoke with the bartender, who says, "Oh, yeah, the hooker's line," reaches under the bar and hands me the extension phone. "They [[pointing to the half-dozen women at the other end of the bar) can't make their room arrangements with the front desk without walking over there and they are really upset. We told Bell everything was broke so you would get out here faster. They've been bugging the [[heck) out of me all morning." I fixed it pronto so that these, uh, entrepreneurs could get back to business.

Ahhh, the good ol' days in the Corridor, when stopping at a light in the summer often meant an up close sales pitch or two...

Columbia street between Witherell and John R., right where the outfield is at Detroit Bank and Trust park today was the scene of a particularly busy row of homes in the 1970s. The girls would walk right up to the car and negotiate fees for services. Big thrill for some honky teenagers to watch from a distance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast