Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

detroitsocialbug Guest

Default Top Detroit Hiphop Artist of 2015

Detroit Rapper Redpill has a nice lyrical flow with great production. I personally like his song All of us Produced by Apollo Brown. 2015 is gearing up to be a big year for Detroit-based rapper Red Pill. He released a single and announced a multi-album deal with indie rap power house Mello Music Group. And today Red Pill has released his first project with the label, a 3-track EP titled Learning to Punch.
    Last edited by admin; October-28-15 at 06:56 PM.

I know this thread is kind of promotion but guilty simpson, black milk and flint's jon connor all had big years. Of course commercially big sean

Dej Loaf had a huge year.

where can you regularly go see local hip-hop artists perform?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    where can you regularly go see local hip-hop artists perform?
    Put your ear to the ground for the afterhours [[especially around Eastern Market, Grand River, or Corktown). That's the best place where some of the artists start from.

Jeez. I'm a Beethoven, Bach, and Brahms fan, with a lot of Mozart thrown in. Currently, Andre' Rieu is my favorite conductor, but I suspect all these names are totally foreign to y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    but I suspect all these names are totally foreign to y'all.
    To all, y'all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Jeez. I'm a Beethoven, Bach, and Brahms fan, with a lot of Mozart thrown in. Currently, Andre' Rieu is my favorite conductor, but I suspect all these names are totally foreign to y'all.
    Nope, shockingly, some people can listen to both hip-hop and appreciate Bethoven at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by AarunFast View Post
    Nope, shockingly, some people can listen to both hip-hop and appreciate Bethoven at the same time.
    Thank you. One of the aims of the '90s was to breakdown and stir up the compartmentalized classification of genres that congealed up in the '80s [[just going to a Harmony House or Sam Goody Musicland became a nauseating experience for many of us-Hmmm Rock, Pop, Jazz, Heavy Metal, R & B, Rap, etc.).

For those wanting a boiled down history of Hip Hop in a digestible format [[hearkening to the awesome VH1 documentary NY77-The Coolest Year in Hell) of comics [[ahem-providing that one likes comics), there is the "Hip Hop Family Tree" by Ed Piskor on the Fantagraphics [[!) label.

Yet, comic to another form, I'll weigh in on Bach [[and those with a yen for Gestaltic crossovers-especially with patterns of thought and formulas and mathematics will like "Godel, Escher, Bach" by Hofstadter-which compares the art, music, and mathematics of those three with a Lewis-ugh-Carol twist. The part on Crab Canons is interesting.). What was a riff from an X-Files episode became this: https://vimeo.com/129620623Who says it can't all come together?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    To all, y'all.....
    I was waiting for that on this thread of the forum, Y'all didn't disappoint.