Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Downtown restaurants

Here are a few spaces that have been under construction for some time... looks like the restaurant plans fell through [[what a surprise).

1. Grand Cirque Brasserie - David Whitney
    2. La Cave - Broderick Tower
    3. Cadillac Tower - first floor looks under construction.

Also, this has probably been mentioned before but whoever designed the cadillac tower had to be higher than Mars. Something needs to be done about those haphazardly placed windows facing campus martius......

Does anyone have any updates?

Those windows on the west side of Cadillac Tower are mostly for upper floors stairwells and service corridors. Back when the building was built in 1927 it was assumed, with the rapid development of downtown, that there would be another tall building built next to it soon, so that side was left mostly windowless and plain. Unfortunately, the depression intervened. But the Gregory, Meyer, and Thom store building, which was about 10 stories tall, did stand directly adjacent to Cadillac Tower until the late '70s, which is why there are no windows further down.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Here are a few spaces that have been under construction for some time... looks like the restaurant plans fell through [[what a surprise).

1. Grand Cirque Brasserie - David Whitney
    2. La Cave - Broderick Tower
    3. Cadillac Tower - first floor looks under construction.

Also, this has probably been mentioned before but whoever designed the cadillac tower had to be higher than Mars. Something needs to be done about those haphazardly placed windows facing campus martius......

Does anyone have any updates?
    You beat me to it ! LOL I was going to chat about the same things .
    Walking up Woodward I notice several things taking place.
    La Cave / Broderick Tower is actually under construction !... I couldn't believe it myself ! I looked in and they are actually working on it I saw it with my own eyes ! LOL

Moosejaw is having their opening for their pop up . I went earlier this week , it looks cool , it's the old space that somerset used.

I worked in Cadillac Tower, the west facing "wall" is used for the elevators , we had offices on the 39 floor.

and it looks like work is moving very fast on the restoration hardware store on Woodward and Gratiot , looks like they will have a stairwell on the upper floor, they are doing an amazing build out of that space.
    and I'm not sure if Nike will be done in time for Christmas , but who knows ?

Actually, the random windows were not part of the original structure. [[Well, perhaps one was.) They always bothered me and I came across this picture of the now-demolished Cadillac Square Building, and you can see Cadillac Tower in the background. Picture linked from historicdetroit.org and said to be taken in 1944.

By 1949 there were two windows...
    Up to 5 in 1956...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Snapshot in time, thank you for posting

I love the window analysis.

This is clearly the work of Masons and is some kind of code. Perhaps Jesus' remains are buried beneath the tower, and the windows signal to his guards the threat level.