Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fireworks downtown

Why are there massive fireworks just now [[8:15P) downtown Detroit?

Windsor has no idea either...

http://windsorstar.com/storyline/wha...34f981c8597a89

What an odd story though. Maybe Dan Gilbert really does think this is now his backyard.

House finally passed a road funding bill.

I closed tonight and we all thought it was thunder at first. I work in the FNB facing Cadillac Square. We could see the reflection in Cadillac Tower. We assumed it was Windsor, so it is interesting to hear that they didn't know either.

I was coming up I-75 and thought it was July...

We see these shows occasionally down here by the river, but not generally that big. They're usually private fireworks shows arranged for some sort of corporate event or conference. Or, as guessed by a Twitter commenter quoted by the Windsor Star, done for the weddings, or other big events, of well off folks. I even knew a family out in Oakland County that had a big fireworks show like that on Cass Lake for their kid's bar mitzvah.

I would think they'd have to get some kind of permit from the city, and notify the Coast Guard and the cops at least, to do such a fireworks show. So I'm surprised that the Windsor Police apparently didn't know about it.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; October-22-15 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    We see these shows occasionally down here by the river, but not generally that big. They're usually private fireworks shows arranged for some sort of corporate event or conference. Or, as guessed by a Twitter commenter quoted by the Windsor Star, done for the weddings, or other big events, of well off folks. I even knew a family out in Oakland County that had a big fireworks show like that on Cass Lake for their kid's bar mitzvah.

I would think they'd have to get some kind of permit from the city, and notify the Coast Guard and the cops at least, to do such a fireworks show. So I'm surprised that the Windsor Police apparently didn't know about it.
    You're probably correct, something at the Port Authority terminal which is used for these events.