Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bush, Obama

littlebuddy Guest

Default Bush, Obama

I think people are foolish to blindly follow any leader[[Bush, Obama,etc)like those on the far left and right. No leader in America is immune to the evils and sins that plague any leader in the world in the present or past. I sometimes think we want to think we are a different kind of human in America, that produces a different type of leader, one that thinks only of the good for the people, that we are above the ills that plague other countries. Many look to Obama as a savior, someone that will heal all the hurts we have, even though he has done little to nothing in his career to make a person think this. Even Jesus showed he was the Savior by healing the sick, raising the dead, giving sight to the blind. George Bush was the hope of the right and it turned sour, and now Obama is the hope of the left, but I think it too will turn sour. It is always wise to try to understand were someone is taking us, as it was not that long ago a person in Europe build camps for people, and it did not turn out good. He blinded the people, let us not be blind to a person on either side of the aisle. Our trust should be in Jesus Christ, who proved himself, and not a political system or party or leader. Our country has become more of a "dog eat dog" world which makes it easier for someone to find fault, point fingers instead of working together to make things better for all of us. In Europe they blamed the Jews, and to a lesser extent, the gypsys, Jehovah Witnesses, homosexuals,etc. Do not be blind that it could not happen here and groups would be blamed. I think people in both parties need to keep their eyes open to what is going on. A political cartoon the other day had side by side pictures, one with the outline of the United States and "The Far Right" written under it, with something written inside the outline of the US that implyed Obama was not born in America. The other picture was a nativity scene with the words "The Far Left" written under it, implying Obama is the savior. My faith is in Christ and His coming Kingdom, yet I work in this world with my eyes wide open, seeking the best for others, yet always wary of where things are going.

littlebuddy,

Excellent post. Nice to see common sense in an amongst the delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    I think people are foolish to blindly follow any leader[[Bush, Obama,etc)like those on the far left and right. No leader in America is immune to the evils and sins that plague any leader in the world in the present or past. I sometimes think we want to think we are a different kind of human in America, that produces a different type of leader, one that thinks only of the good for the people, that we are above the ills that plague other countries. Many look to Obama as a savior, someone that will heal all the hurts we have, even though he has done little to nothing in his career to make a person think this. Even Jesus showed he was the Savior by healing the sick, raising the dead, giving sight to the blind. George Bush was the hope of the right and it turned sour, and now Obama is the hope of the left, but I think it too will turn sour. It is always wise to try to understand were someone is taking us, as it was not that long ago a person in Europe build camps for people, and it did not turn out good. He blinded the people, let us not be blind to a person on either side of the aisle. Our trust should be in Jesus Christ, who proved himself, and not a political system or party or leader. Our country has become more of a "dog eat dog" world which makes it easier for someone to find fault, point fingers instead of working together to make things better for all of us. In Europe they blamed the Jews, and to a lesser extent, the gypsys, Jehovah Witnesses, homosexuals,etc. Do not be blind that it could not happen here and groups would be blamed. I think people in both parties need to keep their eyes open to what is going on. A political cartoon the other day had side by side pictures, one with the outline of the United States and "The Far Right" written under it, with something written inside the outline of the US that implyed Obama was not born in America. The other picture was a nativity scene with the words "The Far Left" written under it, implying Obama is the savior. My faith is in Christ and His coming Kingdom, yet I work in this world with my eyes wide open, seeking the best for others, yet always wary of where things are going.
    On some level I do understand what you are saying but nobody on the left is calling Obama a savior. All of this savior stuff is coming from the right to mock and discredit the president. The lunatic right wing fringe of the republican party which over the past 20+ years has now become the base of the party is responsible for most if not all of the confusion we see today.

Bush, while not the sharpest knife in the cabinet knew that if he could be a wartime president he and his buddies could keep and maintain power. In order to do that however he had to break a few laws, and some people might say a few of God's laws .

So you're right when you say that we shouldn't follow a man or political party but Jesus.

But answer me this... If the republicans tell us God is on our side and the dems tell us God is on our side , which side does God take ?

Retroit Guest

Well said, littlebuddy. I attribute it to "Celebrity Infatuation". Obama's campaign brought this to a level that disgusted me. The face of a presidential candidate should not be worn on a t-shirt: that is just wrong!

I think that people have such an emptiness in their soul that they are eager to fill it with the first charlatan than comes along. You, my friend, have made a much wiser choice!

Lorax Guest

Keeping a mythical "God" out of the equation would probably suit the situation better.

I agree any sort of celebrity or personality cult worship is no good, in religion or politics. Those on the left, as stated above, do not worship Obama, that's just another right wing fundamentalist fabrication.

But never assume evil and sin is equal on all sides of politics, especially in this country. The Rethuglicans are world champeen liars and hate merchants, and have proven themselves time and again, and only are getting worse as their future closes before them like a fist.

Quote: "I think that people have such an emptiness in their soul that they are eager to fill it with the first charlatan than comes along. You, my friend, have made a much wiser choice!"

Exactly how Hitler came to power.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "I think that people have such an emptiness in their soul that they are eager to fill it with the first charlatan than comes along. You, my friend, have made a much wiser choice!"

Exactly how Hitler came to power.
    Comparing Jesus to Hitler now?

Geez, the KoolAid drinking must be at a fever pitch.

Nice of you to provide your perspective. Your right and privilege. You are entitled to sincerely announce your views, and others are just as entitled to announce opposite or alternative views. Ain't that great?

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    On some level I do understand what you are saying...

So you're right when you say that we shouldn't follow a man or political party but Jesus.
    Your opinion, regardless of whether others agree or not . Another could say "we shouldn't follow a man or political party but [insert name or entity here]".
    Last edited by vetalalumni; August-09-09 at 07:52 PM.

Quote: "Comparing Jesus to Hitler now?"

You're getting like Batts, don't read anything, just hop in and start swinging. Sheesh..

ccbatson Guest

An excellent post that neither side can argue against....power corrupts...politicians wield power and are very prone for corruption. Read Michelle Malkin's book for an eye opener and points out the details.

If you agree power corrupts, how can you not see corruption in the W/Cheney administration?

I voted for Obama, but I do not worship him, nor do I agree with everything he does. I am quite opposite with some of his decisions. It is early days yet, and we have lots to do, so I am hoping for at least a 60/40 achievement rate by the end of the term. No one is going to 100% please anyone.

ccbatson Guest

That is the beauty of our constitution and those that believe in it [[conservatives) a check on the corruptions of power.

cheddar bob Guest

Our trust should be in Jesus Christ, who proved himself, and not a political system or party or leader
    What if I don't believe that JC was a saviour or even the son of god?

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    What if I don't believe that JC was a saviour or even the son of god?
    You've got a one way ticket straight to hell.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0009/0009_01.asp

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    You've got a one way ticket straight to hell.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0009/0009_01.asp
    LOL!!!

I got on a narrow road myself, long ago, but it ain't leading to heaven!

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    That is the beauty of our constitution and those that believe in it [[conservatives) a check on the corruptions of power.
    Except, of course when Rethuglicans are in office.

ccbatson Guest

The constitution is blind to who is in office...unless it is being directly assaulted as Obama is want to do.

Lorax Guest

The constitution is blind to who is in office...unless it is being directly assaulted as Obama is want to do.

Or, as it's been assaulted by the Bush Crime Family.

VI. George W. Bush [[1946-present, Yale, Skull & Bones, class of 1968).

As governor of Texas, the 43rd president of the United States presided over the execution of 52 inmates, including mentally retarded prisoners- more than any other governor in US history. He did, however, pardon one death row prisoner, a serial killer. As governor, he changed pollution laws to benefit energy companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the nation. Some of his other notable contributions include:
    • 1) Presiding over the government’s complicity and cover-up of the killing of about 3,000 people at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001 [[see many references below).

2) Presiding over the greatest rollback of Constitutional civil liberties in the history of the country. The Patriot I and Homeland Security Acts, passed in 2001 and 2002, respectively, along with the pending Patriot II Act eliminate or threaten Constitutional rights guaranteed in our 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments [[see attachment).

3) The high-tech massacre of many thousands of innocent and defenseless Afghani and Iraqi civilians who posed no security threat to the U.S. whatsoever and had no part in the crimes of 9-11. The two primary resources thereby controlled are opium and an oil pipeline in Afghanistan and, of course, oil in Iraq. The Bush administration, obviously responding to demands from the major oil companies, is clearly pursuing a strategy to dominate the world’s last, greatest fossil fuel reserves in the Persian Gulf and Caspian Basin.

4) Leading a “pre-emptive” war against Iraq in violation of international law [[including the UN charter, the Nuremburg Tribunal and the Geneva Accords) and on the basis of entirely false pretexts. Representative Henry Waxman [[D-CA) carefully documents 237 lies told by the Bush administration in their efforts to convince the American people, the Congress, and the UN to go to war in Iraq. Interestingly, this document is no longer on the web.

5) Proposing an endless “War on Terror” [[i.e., military conquest abroad in service of resource looting for international corporations and a police state at home to suppress dissent), when, in fact, evidence shows that the “War on Terror” is a fraud and that the greatest purveyor of terror in the world, by far, is the U.S. government, with its CIA, School of the Americas, etc.

6) Presiding over the loss, mostly by outsourcing, of some 2.5 million American jobs in his first two years in office.

7) Granting trillions of dollars worth of tax cuts to the richest 2% of Americans. Thereby, spending the $7 trillion surplus he inherited from Clinton and allowing the federal deficit to exceed a record $7 trillion, mainly by granting gigantic tax cuts to the rich and making huge increases in military spending.

8) Presiding over one of the greatest Wall Street scandals [[and stock market crashes) of all time [[the Enron scandal, the creation of artificial gas shortages in California, etc.).

9) De-funding and thereby further crippling our education, social services, health care, etc.

10) The worst environmental record of any U.S. president in history, including the systematic weakening and rollback of all major environmental laws and regulations.

And when I was in 7th grade someone stole my lunch money. Your point?

Bush isn't the President, was he a horrible excuse for national leader? Absolutely. We need to worry about the guy that is in office now. And so far he ain't lookin so hot.. Could his new nickname wind up being Bush3? looking like it.

Lorax, I could add to your list about our previous President but you should have made more points about what differentiates the two.

I don't know enough about 9/11 to agree with your point #1.

There is a lot of voting record overlap between Bush [[ points #2-5); so much so that I am surprised you brought them up.

President Obama's proposed middle class cap and trade tax and regulations will insure his place with Bush on #6.

President Obama is going to add 92,000 soldiers and Marines to our armed forces. How does that reduce the military spending mentioned in #7?

#8 President Obama plans to expand the power of the privately owned Federal Reserve. The Federal reserve has just hired a new public relations head, a Ms. Robinson, the former head lobbyist for Enron.

Instead of making so many points about Bush and Obama's similarities, you might have done better to bring up things like President Obama's ability to speak in sentences and his seeming ability to get along with hostile world leaders better than Bush.

Lorax Guest

Make no mistake, I'm not defending Obama's retention of the expanded Imperial Presidential powers- I thing we need to repeal the red-highlighted areas. And we need to extricate ourselves from the middle east entirely.

I voted for Obama, but unlike the goosestepping Rethuglicans, Democrats getting in line for any Democratic president is like herding cats- ain't gonna happen.

Unlike Repubs, I wouldn't rubber-stamp the Obama presidency.

Bats, I have previously asked for ONE example of this from a legit news source. the behavior and the exact part of the constitution it violates. Either provide one, or shut up [[of course, I know you will do neither, you have yet to put up or shut up even when clear facts prove you wrong)

ccbatson Guest

So simple...delineated powers of various branches of government spelled out in the constitution prohibit legislating [[which Obama does via cronies in the legislature) and judiciary functions which he bypassed in coercing sweetheart deals in the bankruptcy proceedings for the automakers.

For starters.

Lorax Guest

So simple...delineated powers of various branches of government spelled out in the constitution prohibit legislating [[which Obama does via cronies in the legislature) and judiciary functions which he bypassed in coercing sweetheart deals in the bankruptcy proceedings for the automakers.

For starters.
    As if saving the auto industry was a bad thing? Gee, can't you see that nationalizing the banks and the major industries, cars, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, is in the best interest of the nation as a whole?

The private sector has fucked this country six ways from Sunday, and as far as I'm concerned, anything short of a complete takeover of all crucial industries is a cave-in to corporate special interests.

We need government-sponsored campaign finance reform, no lobbyists, zero. Then we may stand a chance of returning to a representative form of government, which we do not have now. What we are living with now is a corrupt, end of Rome period in our history, which will not change with Obama, or anyone else. The whole system will have to collapse first. Until that happens, and the slate is wiped clean, then no real reforms will happen in our lifetimes.

Lorax, Bats was answering rb's question, not weighing in on whether saving the auto industry is a good thing. We all know that governments can produce cars. Trabants, Yugos, Ladas, and Volgas were all government produced. Its such a shame that they have all been replaced by the likes of Fiats, and VW's but even VW got a big boost from government. Bill Clinton is to blame for bombing the Yugo factory twice - probably just to make sure.

I would add to Bats comment that the the 10th Amendment constrains the federal government from taking over auto companies. Of course, if the rest of the Constitution was more vigorously observed, we wouldn't be bankrupting ourselves on illegal wars and the Federal Reserve wouldn't exist to create huge bubbles that take down the auto industry and everything else. Dealing with the crashing auto industry is only treating a symptom of the actual ailment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast