Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Final Four Saturday means no other news.

What is up with the local news ? Please, some local news would be appreciated. And I'm sick of the "Dancing with the Stars" update crap. This has got to stop.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-04-09 at 07:13 AM.

Buy American Guest

Being that there are so many people from out of state in Detroit for the game the local news media will not report any news that shows Detroit in a bad light. I have noticed that during the Auto Show, and any huge event that Detroit is involved in.

The entire newscast last night was about the Final Four. The terrible murders in Binghamton, NY was just a blip at the beginning. Watch your newspaper as well. Nothing negative.

I think it's good that they do that though. Detroit's reputation is bad enough. At least if while the spotlight is on us it appears as if all is well then maybe perceptions will begin to fade. If enough of the right people start thinking Detroit's not so bad, then it'll be easier to draw companies and employees back to the area.

I see the faint logic in this, but the enormous emphasis on a sporting event annoys me. No other important topic gets this sort of in-depth coverage, despite the fact that the public could sure use a hand in understanding our world. Maybe basketball games are as complex an issue the local media can handle.

We have to "exist" here, please give us some news that is revelent to our life. I'm sick and tired, of the "updates" that are only available on a website.

Attachment 313
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-05-09 at 09:31 PM.

Its only a weekend... relax and enjoy. Most likely like the super bowl we will not see a final four weekend in Detroit for a long.. long... time. Also with MSU in it just made it that much better. Just look at it this way KK really wanted to see this event as mayor so there.. Does that make you feel better ?

Yes - I feel all better about KK. Whew.

No news is good news?