Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Development Plans [St. Cyril & Miller + in Front of Jefferson Chrysler]

I have two questions regarding some development I have seen in the last few days.

1. While this may be relatively old and I may have answered this myself, what is happening on Miller in between Sherwood and St. Cyril? Does this massive warehouse complex belong to Matty Maroun?

2. Does anyone know what is going on with the plot of land directly in front of the Jefferson Chrysler across from Homeland Security? I saw today a bulldozer and and an excavator tearing away at this plot of land.

#1 is a Moroun auto supplier facility reported on here: http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...ment/70141842/

Hard to think development is happening to that massive empy parcel of land. In an inconvenient location and, well frankly, in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    #1 is a Moroun auto supplier facility reported on here: http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...ment/70141842/

Thanks Downtownguy. Not sure how I missed this!

As far as the land near Jefferson / St. Jean, I know it was mentioned back in May that Meijer was scouting that area for a 3rd store. It could be related to that and we just haven't got the official press release yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    As far as the land near Jefferson / St. Jean, I know it was mentioned back in May that Meijer was scouting that area for a 3rd store. It could be related to that and we just haven't got the official press release yet.

I also heard this area was being looked at for the second Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    I also heard this area was being looked at for the second Whole Foods.
    It would be a huge boon for the lower east side to score both a Meijer and Whole Foods at nearly the same time, especially after now going almost 10 years without decent [[chain) grocery options.

Duggan was quoted as saying during the groundbreaking of Orleans Landing that another big announcement would be coming within the next week. Perhaps related?

I wanted to bring this back to attention. I just returned home after a week in Copenhagen to see this area in front of the Chrysler plant in full swing of some major construction. I thought to myself it could just be something for irrigation, since a big hole was being dug up. But no sir Motor City Electric was there along with a handful of construction equipment. I am really curious to see what is going on here.

On a side note, at the former Wendy's on East Jefferson, there is now a Detroit Coney!

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    I wanted to bring this back to attention. I just returned home after a week in Copenhagen to see this area in front of the Chrysler plant in full swing of some major construction. I thought to myself it could just be something for irrigation, since a big hole was being dug up. But no sir Motor City Electric was there along with a handful of construction equipment. I am really curious to see what is going on here.

On a side note, at the former Wendy's on East Jefferson, there is now a Detroit Coney!
    Interesting...

There hasn't been anything lately in the news about that area. So either something will be formally announced in the media soon or we'll just have to wait and see.