No. Not an alien or stupid Dreamcatcher reference. There was a short film I've seen twice from a filmstrip that the folks at Kinoeye and guys like Tim Caldwell would run at Gold Dollar or 7th House. It was supposedly made in Detroit in the late '60s/early '70s, and it bared a lot of the psycho-poetic manner of Detroit mentality. I believe it was called "Mr. Gray" [[or Mr. Grey?).

It starts off with a pulsing Organ that goes right into a funk beat depicting a typically business/family man in a gray suit stepping off the front porch, kissing his wife goodbye, and getting into the car, wrestling with traffic to get to work. This is done in complete simpatico with all the other men in gray suits steeping off their porches like cookie cut-outs doing the same thing.

It goes into him dealing with the drudgery of work, and fantasying if he could rob a bank and live the good life. Well, where it goes from there, I won't divulge. Yet, it was an interesting, pithy little diatribe about identity, the system, and the dark heart of man on the edge. You know? Detroit.

I can't seem to find it online. Anyone know of it, or have any leads?