Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DEA; Group 14 -- Detroit

Running several episodes through this evening on Spike TV.

Do you have a link? Nothing came up when I put it to a search engine.

I found the link and watched the whole episode but dozed off a bit as it was just another drug bust after bust. I could have just watched COPS or Reno 911 for the same entertainment.
    Heres the link http://www.spike.com/full-episode/ma...ow-house/27490

These were obviously city cops and Im wondering how they were able to act on behalf of the Federal DEA. I wouldnt think the DEA would have anything to do with a small time tv series. Anyone have an awnser or idea?

They did have a pretty good bust of I think 5 ozs of crack but of course theres another dealer probably one block away ready to deal six ozs of crack who just got his/her big break with his competitor being taken out of his hood and opening up the market for him/her.

This is all just another example of the sausage effect. You squeeze the sausage at one end and it just gets bigger at the other end.

On the pot bust I dont know what to say thats not been already said. What a waste of time money an recources. Im curious if anyone attended the medical marijuana expo yesterday on 22nd and Michigan. Ill start another thread for that one. Nice artile in the News today on how Marijuana could turn Michigans economy around.

These were obviously city cops and Im wondering how they were able to act on behalf of the Federal DEA. I wouldnt think the DEA would have anything to do with a small time tv series.
    I don't know what you were watching. SpikeTV ran it all day, 8 or 10 hour long episodes. They started in Newark, NJ with Group 56, then ran about 4 or 5 Detroit episodes with Group 14. Showed multiple DEA raids in cooperation with DPD.

http://www.spike.com/show/26319

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15022660/detail.html

Meddle. I only watched the one episode you were talking about. I didnt realize it was a group effort with the DEA and the local Detroit drug squad. Ive found that federal law enforcement are not so apt to flaunt their work in public. Im still amazed they did so in this series.

Not something Id go find and watch on a regular basis either way but glad you brought it up here on Dyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Ive found that federal law enforcement are not so apt to flaunt their work in public. Im still amazed they did so in this series.
    There's another one that focuses on U.S. Marshals across the country going after fugitives. They did some in Detroit also, but a lot of it was New York and Miami.

http://www.aetv.com/manhunters/

It is ALL propaganda for the sheople who watch television with the critical portion of their brains turned off...so their fears and worries can possibly influence those in their family and friends who engage in this sort of behavior.

THAT is why the DEA would do this so publicly, Django!

Bullshit propaganda from our controllers...

Echoes of your words could have traveled from the prohibition-era until today.

They got rid of prohibition, all the violence and such WENT AWAY.

Do the same with the street drugs, and you will get the result you seek.

Let individuals decide what to ingest. Freely.

If they choose to do actual crime, punish them for it.

The two are NOT directly linked...

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    WTF are you talking about? This hardworking, property owning, tax paying US citizens is glad to see the DEA taking down violent criminals pimping the neighborhoods of Detroit. These aren't illegal lemonade stands where if you ask nice they clean up after themselves and their customers. These are guys shooting each other up, ruining communities and creating zombie citizens with the trickle down crimes associated with their habits. Do you enjoy that?

We may not agree with the laws but the enforcement of the laws in a city where the vast majority of the citizentry behaves in a dangerous, reckless and lawless manner is to be applauded.
    If the drugs were legalized, they wouldn't be funding these violent criminals. Prohibition didn't work, and will never work. It's a shame so many people are too stupid to realize that.