Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 12 Female Bartenders to Know in Detroit

This listing from Thrillist is curious, I'd love to know their methodology. The research must've been fun.

Not sure how to process that I know 4 of 'em.

I'm not much of a drinker...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post

I'm not much of a drinker...
    Sure, that's what they all say...

I can vouch for Charlene, at The Bronx. Once went seven years without visiting that bar, and when I walked in, she said "been a while".
    That place was once perhaps the darkest bar in Detroit.

Glad to see Sarena and Ginny in there. I always feel awkward when I ask them about other people. It's not like I'm trying to stalk those individuals. Quite the contrary, it's because I want to stay very clear away from them. Sad, I won't be going to the UFO, because it's run by the very same folks who were so very talented but acted so very arrogant, so very cold, and [[at one time) so very white in the old scenes of Livonia Time-Stereo.

The Bronx was very dark. They despised Zoot's coffeehouse. Back in the day, if one were to stray over there from Zoot's [[even if one were dressed far more square than the throng of Techno, Indie, or Straightedge-core that happened to be spilling out into the street that particular night), the old timers would get indignant and start haranguing you crassly for being "with those troublemakers", telling us to "tell them to stop making so much noise" [[yes, as if we had predominant "sway"), and sometimes even refusing service. Moshier and I witnessed that on a couple of nights.

I don't know all these people, but see irony in some of the comments as far as how Detroit is so inclusive and one big community when these words are being spoken by some of the more pretentious/exclusive-type people I have met in Detroit and frankly they're transplants anyway.

OMG, transplants. Is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by hogz View Post
    I don't know all these people, but see irony in some of the comments as far as how Detroit is so inclusive and one big community when these words are being spoken by some of the more pretentious/exclusive-type people I have met in Detroit and frankly they're transplants anyway.
    Pretentious and exclusive [[as with the UFO groups origin) I can see with some venues. Yet, I wouldn't apply that to Ginny or half the girls [[especially with Small's) highlighted. They should've mentioned Ginger who I hear works at [[operates?) Union St. now.

No, their comments are not ironic [[that is not irony), but your post could be ironic. I'm not sure. Because the fact that they are transplants and may or not be pretentious/exclusive, yet still readily accepted into the community, makes them ideally qualified to comment on the inclusiveness of Detroit people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    It is if your are John Travolta or Kevin Costner.

Who are these you have met?

Well, if it's a matter of more women coming into the Detroit area. I say "Mars [[scratch that one)-Detroit needs women"!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Maybe not, my neighbor has new implants and she loves to show them to everyone and that's kinda fun.