Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Boston-Edison Historic District properties

This land bank listing is coming up for auction,seems to have many original fixtures,outline of a removed farm sink in the kitchen,nobody has painted the staircase which is shocking.

Any guess as to what it will sell for?

http://auctions.buildingdetroit.org/...888-Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This land bank listing is coming up for auction,seems to have many original fixtures,outline of a removed farm sink in the kitchen,nobody has painted the staircase which is shocking.

Any guess as to what it will sell for?

http://auctions.buildingdetroit.org/...888-Longfellow
    I wonder if that bathroom has pocket doors? That looks like an awfully wide entryway to me.

Looks like it was taken with a wide angle lens lol nice trick,it makes it look like a really big room.

The picture after that one is in more perspective,you can see the placement of the TP holder and the small something or another screwed to the window casing on the right.

I have had houses before that were built before indoor plumbing was common and they added a bathroom built into a closet,step over the toilet to get into the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Looks like it was taken with a wide angle lens lol nice trick,it makes it look like a really big room.

The picture after that one is in more perspective,you can see the placement of the TP holder and the small something or another screwed to the window casing on the right.

I have had houses before that were built before indoor plumbing was common and they added a bathroom built into a closet,step over the toilet to get into the shower.
    True. Friends owned a hysterical house in Romeo, MI. The bathroom shower was added upstairs as a afterthought. It was wedged under the angled roof. You literally had to sit on a small stool, in the tub, to take a shower.

This one has been listed before. http://auctions.buildingdetroit.org/...888-Longfellow

The house on Atkinson on my block that was auctioned off last week went for $15k, it was nice but it needed all the usual work. Maybe most of the investors have had their fill and prices will align with reality.

It probably won't sell. Just like most of the land bank houses aren't selling. Just like the 4 ready rehabs aren't selling. The problem isn't the houses.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    It probably won't sell. Just like most of the land bank houses aren't selling. Just like the 4 ready rehabs aren't selling. The problem isn't the houses.
    In B-E at least, there have been several that appeared not to close and set untouched for months after the auction. However, I am now starting to see lights on inside and the occasional work van. Apparently, if you actually pay for the house the city is not enforcing the work deadlines strictly. I don't know if that's for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    In B-E at least, there have been several that appeared not to close and set untouched for months after the auction. However, I am now starting to see lights on inside and the occasional work van. Apparently, if you actually pay for the house the city is not enforcing the work deadlines strictly. I don't know if that's for better or worse.

I wonder if there is a delay in the approval process if some are applying for the rehab grants?

There are also a lot of folks that buy a fixer uppers and live in them while the rehab is taking place over a couple of years,nothing like doing the dishes in the bathtub.

I think in this situation maybe the city requires a CO before move in? Which would put a damper on that aspect and narrow the market.

Most places as long as the minimum sanitary requirements are met,a functioning toilet,hot water,and up there heat,and a hot plate to cook on,and the time frame is overlooked as long as the resident is using the house as a permanent residence and some progress is being made.

Usually as long as the exterior looks presentable and the grass is cut,if it is an investor then yes strict time limit.