Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 11 Things to Do in the D this Weekend Oct. 9 - 11, 2015

1. Hamtramck Arts Festival - Large number of amazing arts event
    2. See a scary movie at Campus Martius.
    3. Grab a costume and sneakers for the Grave Digger’s Dash.
    4. Cheer on the Wayne State University Warriors and celebrate homecoming.
    5. Check out the "Fruehauf: The First Name in Transportation" exhibit.
    6. Tailgate for the March of Dimes.
    7. Go to the Michigan Mineralogical Society’s Gem Mineral and Fossil Show.
    8. Take a trip to Type-Oh-Rama 2015.
    9. Get spooked at Hallowe'en in Greenfield Village.
    10. See a performance of "Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
    11. Spend an evening laughing at "Last Comic Standing."

Kickoff List [except for No. 1] from Crain's Detroit Business. Add your suggestions below.

[QUOTE=Lowell;490659]
    1. Get spooked at Hallowe'en in Greenfield Village.
    2. [Quote]

I would mention some other scary stuff going down in Dearborn, but it's not even worth mentioning, as it may just be a bunch of noisy A-holes looking for a reaction or putting on a piece of protest with an impending agent provocateur-inspired over-the-top counter protest to earn their cause sympathy.

No.-best to ignore them, unless it does lead up to some clarified attention to it.
    I'd rather look at rocks on display in Warren, than people with rocks in their head in Dearborn.

[QUOTE=G-DDT;490838][QUOTE=Lowell;490659]
    1. Get spooked at Hallowe'en in Greenfield Village.

I would mention some other scary stuff going down in Dearborn, but it's not even worth mentioning, as it may just be a bunch of noisy A-holes looking for a reaction or putting on a piece of protest with an impending agent provocateur-inspired over-the-top counter protest to earn their cause sympathy.

No.-best to ignore them, unless it does lead up to some clarified attention to it.
    I'd rather look at rocks on display in Warren, than people with rocks in their head in Dearborn.
    Just as I thought. Almost as vacant a following as Terry Jone's last visit. Mostly out-of-towners who refuse to give their own names. No different than the White Supremacists of the '80s and Militia types of the '90s-except these guys look like fat Pro-Wrestling rejects [[none of them look like police officers) and they are cowards [[they know they'd get cracked-down upon by the Feds if they start to step out of line like their White Supremacist/Militia predecessors). Hopefully, they will get some wisdom mixed in with an ounce of self-awareness and realize just how unpopular they are with the ladies and disband.