Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

I've been a union member most of my working life. Gov. Walker took the low road by suppressing public unions. Unions allow working people the ability to collectively hire attorneys, accountants, and lobbyists just like rich people are able top do individually. Opposing working people's right to form unions robs them of their ability to defend themselves and compete with the rich.

That said, politicians of either party who support open borders, more immigration, and free trade agreements have done more damage to non-public unions than Republicans who want to make a name destroying unions. Supply/demand insists that a larger supply of workers fighting for the same number of jobs drives down wages and is not conducive to forming and maintaining unions.

What annoys me are those "right to work" ads "the union spends too much time on politics" yeah, idiot, they do because YOUR rights and YOUR wages are under constant political assault

Two books worth reading are "From the Same Folks Who Brought You the Weekend" by Murolo and "An Injury to All" by Kim Moody. If not, just watch the first half hour of Matewan. Thinking of that film alone, reminds me that there are conservative anthracite regions [[around West Virginia and parts of Pennsylvania-like Scranton) that still uphold unions as a necessity given the histories they have had.

Looking at how a company can control and engineer every aspect of one's life, makes one to realize that transition from slavery during reconstruction was not cut and dry. Without unions, slavery still thrives with money just being some mere, arbitrary buffer or formality. Then one gets the notion that this is exactly how far back the powers that be would like to turn back the clock [[let's not be naive, after all, control is the holy grail of all conspiracy).
    Last edited by G-DDT; September-26-15 at 02:14 PM.