Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"The paramedics came and worked on him," said the witness. "He was shot and bloodied, yelling and screaming."

He did not have a problem terrorizing the tellers or customers but yet lies crying in the street about being shot.

Good job on the CCL.

I'm sure the guy will sue and someone will take the case.

File this under the "oh well" category. Screw bank robbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Probably sue the guy who shot him. Hope that guy likes paying attorney fees

Regardless, it sounds like justice has been served. Let's hope that the results are just -- and that we don't look too hard for a reason to condemn the shooter and celebrate the robber.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...23154174-story

maybe people should stop trying to steal shit that isn't theirs...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Regardless, it sounds like justice has been served. Let's hope that the results are just -- and that we don't look too hard for a reason to condemn the shooter and celebrate the robber.
    Are CCW holders required to respond to any crime nearby? Are CCW holders defacto deputies of the law?

Great; now when I walk in my credit union not only do I have to worry about some moron making a withdraw by force -- now I have to worry about some idiot with a John Wayne complex and an itchy trigger finger.

I know it's super frustrating to live in this area with all of the crime and crap -- but I don't want Ronnie Reagan . Clint Eastwood walking around looking for targets, either -- which is just what these gun fucks will try and do.

Sure is sexy now but let's see attitudes when some poor innocent person/s paints the walls with their brains because of some gun fuck playing vigilantly.

I never, ever carry in a bank. Money is never so valuable that I would trade my precious commodity -- my life -- for it. Everything but LIFE is replaceable.

Perps are looking to get in and out as quick as they can and not looking turn it into some frickin' Dog Day Afternoon special on the tube, for crying out loud.

How about this: Let's properly fund police and fire.

Is that too complicated of a concept for folks around here?

Or are people just starving government to the point where we live in the fucking wild west -- which is actually the type of "full Freedom" Baggers are looking for.

You can kiss the whole "Michigan/Detroit Rising" BS down the drain when folks start trading bullets around here.

Stay classy, Michigan.
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; September-22-15 at 12:44 PM.

I think the lesson is to stay clear of dangerous Warren, where the bullets are flying

That will be a lesson to the hoodies. Do not rob in the suburbs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Great; now when I walk in my credit union not only do I have to worry about some moron making a withdraw by force -- now I have to worry about some idiot with a John Wayne complex and an itchy trigger finger...[[snip)

Sure is sexy now but let's see attitudes when some poor innocent person/s paints the walls with their brains...
    Maybe not "sexy" as you put it but I'm sick of the shit I see on the news every day, and the only brains being "painted" are innocent people pumping gas etc. Apparently this guy had had enough too.

sounds like the "idiot" hit what he was aiming at [[maybe needed some practice to hit center of mass) and I think he was defending his life, not his money [[which is insured).

[QUOTE=Gpwrangler;489531]Maybe not "sexy" as you put it but I'm sick of the shit I see on the news every day, and the only brains being "painted" are innocent people pumping gas etc. Apparently this guy had had enough too. sounds like the "idiot" hit what he was aiming at [[maybe needed some practice to hit center of mass) and I think he was defending his life, not his money [[which is insured).[

/QUOTYou may want to remember a mass shooting that took place in Waco, Texas on October 16, 1991. A killer rammed his truck into Lubys with total intent of killing as many people as he possibly could. . A customer named Suzanna Hupp was there eating her lunch with her parents when the shooter rammed his truck in the front plate glass. She testified in the trial that she was only about 100 feet away from her gun in her car and that she could have picked him off the second that he drove thru the resturant. as a result , 23 killed and 27 woundedsometimes it pays to have people with CCW in your area ,you never know what could happen in the blink of an eye...........After this incident the governor worked to get CCWs passed.......

sadly, Both of her parents were shot and killed........she stated she was afraid at the time to carry it, because she was a medical professional and that if she got caught carrying, she would lose her license............
    Last edited by janesback; September-22-15 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Great; now when I walk in my credit union not only do I have to worry about some moron making a withdraw by force -- now I have to worry about some idiot with a John Wayne complex and an itchy trigger finger.

I know it's super frustrating to live in this area with all of the crime and crap -- but I don't want Ronnie Reagan . Clint Eastwood walking around looking for targets, either -- which is just what these gun fucks will try and do.

Sure is sexy now but let's see attitudes when some poor innocent person/s paints the walls with their brains because of some gun fuck playing vigilantly.

I never, ever carry in a bank. Money is never so valuable that I would trade my precious commodity -- my life -- for it. Everything but LIFE is replaceable.

Perps are looking to get in and out as quick as they can and not looking turn it into some frickin' Dog Day Afternoon special on the tube, for crying out loud.

How about this: Let's properly fund police and fire.

Is that too complicated of a concept for folks around here?

Or are people just starving government to the point where we live in the fucking wild west -- which is actually the type of "full Freedom" Baggers are looking for.

You can kiss the whole "Michigan/Detroit Rising" BS down the drain when folks start trading bullets around here.

Stay classy, Michigan.

You might want to try using the search term "shot or killed in a bank robbery" and see what pops up for just this week.

Way more innocents then bank robbers were killed.

People are to liberal? You want to provide police protection for the bank robber,poor guy got shot.

As it clearly shows a armed bank robber has no intention of putting his weapon down while you reason him and find out his political preferences.In reality by the time you read the first 3 words I posted you would have been dead because that is how much time you have to make that decision.

LEO cannot be everywhere all of the time and no matter how much funding they receive they will not be able to offer personal bodyguard protection for everybody.

There was a LEO killed chasing a bank robber I would think his family would have preferred somebody else had taken the robber out first.

In Fla maybe there has not been a drop in crime because of CWP but there has been a large savings of tax money.

I think Michigan is staying classy by allowing those to protect themselves and not allowing a thug to control.

and I would be willing to bet you will think twice about punching one of those "gun *ucks" in the head.It is kinda hard to determine a classy state when one uses certain words.

Quote Originally Posted by trstar View Post
    Are CCW holders required to respond to any crime nearby? Are CCW holders defacto deputies of the law?
    No and No.

Actually CCW [[Carrying Concealed Weapon) is not the right term. It is CPL [[Concealed Pistol License).

Anyhow, no, we are not required to respond to crimes, and have absolutely no more police powers than you do. What the license does is gives us the right to conceal a weapon on our person or vehicle.

Michigan is an 'Open Carry' state, which means we all have the right to carry a pistol out in the open. For example, in a holster, on your belt. If you have a CPL, you can cover it up, and you can also get into a car, and leave it on your hip.

If you do not have a CPL, you must leave it visible at all times, and when you get in a vehicle, you have to put it in a case, unloaded, and out of reach [[like in a trunk).

We ALL have the right to defend ourselves, but if the robber was not a threat to the shooter, then the shooter is going to have a long, legal road ahead of him.

I wish him luck.

Since we are posting news stories, not the same justice ending you are trying to paint. CCW should be for personal protection, not those looking to be "heros".

'Heroic' action to try and stop Vegas killers

Joseph Wilcox went to Walmart Sunday morning to return an Internet modem.
    Instead, he became the third victim of a violent husband-and-wife shooting spree in Las Vegas that left two police officers dead, as well as the shooters.
    Police on Monday described Wilcox, 31, as "heroic" for trying to confront the shooters with his concealed handgun as they entered the store. But his family described him as a quiet man who wanted to be a police officer and didn't always carry a gun.
    "It hasn't set in yet," Wilcox's mother, Debra Wilcox, told KTNV-TV in Las Vegas. "I just know he's not coming home. I keep looking for him to walk in that door. But he's not ever going to do that again."
    Wilcox had bought several modems to try to fix an internet problem at his family's home and was returning one of those modems Sunday, family members told KTNV-TV.
    MORE:

Across the parking lot from the Walmart, Jerad and Amanda Miller shot and killed two Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officers inside a pizzeria at about 11:22 a.m. Sunday, Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill said at a press conference.
    The couple then walked across the parking lot and into the Walmart. Jerad Miller fired one shot into the air and ordered everyone to leave, warning "this is a revolution" and police were on their way, McMahill said.
    Wilcox, near a checkout counter, told a friend he was going to confront the shooter, he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Frey View Post

We ALL have the right to defend ourselves, but if the robber was not a threat to the shooter, then the shooter is going to have a long, legal road ahead of him.

I wish him luck.
    If the robber pulled a gun he was a threat. Banks have video; should be a 5 minute trial as long as the jury is not all bleeding hearts.

If the robber pulled a gun he was a threat. Banks have video; should be a 5 minute trial as long as the jury is not all bleeding hearts.
    The shooting happened outside the bank, as the robber was fleeing. He was no longer a threat to the bank customers. Again, I wish the shooter luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    File this under the "oh well" category. Screw bank robbers.
    I'd say file this topic under non-detroit

Hey, retired DPD here. Much as I applaud the shooter and condemn the shootee, I must say.....if your life is not in imminent danger, DON'T FRIGGIN SHOOT!. The award of a civilian jury is the least of your worries. That's not from a moralistic point of view, that's from a legal point of view.

I remember one DPD officer about forty years back....Jerry O'Reilly......was in a bank with his young son when a holdup occurred. He went to take action, and was shot in the back by the robber's partner, of whom O'Reilly was unaware. I still cry over that one.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    I'd say file this topic under non-detroit
    Nope. It's a suburb just like any other. Belongs right here.

DetroitBoy Guest

The shooting happened outside the bank, as the robber was fleeing. He was no longer a threat to the bank customers. Again, I wish the shooter luck.
    If this case is prosecuted in Macomb County, there will be no issue with the person who shot the robber. Warren and Macomb County will not fall into the trap you have in Wayne County where the criminal works the system and puts everyone else on the defensive. The Mayor of Warren was on the news today saying the person who shot the robber will be honored. They should have a parade for him as well.

He was a threat to the guy he pulled a gun on. Whether he was fleeing, getting his oil changed, attending a protest, or eating at the pancake house, pointing a gun is a threat.

Thank God Warren doesn't put up with this shit.

Doesn't seem like a good career move. I'm sure the guy had the right intentions but there's a good chance his life is going to get complicated big time. I wouldn't have done it, banks have plenty of money, 11K isn't going to hurt them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Doesn't seem like a good career move. I'm sure the guy had the right intentions but there's a good chance his life is going to get complicated big time. I wouldn't have done it, banks have plenty of money, 11K isn't going to hurt them at all.
    To be an unpaid security guard and placing yourself in mortal danger was not a wise move.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast