Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Stosh Guest

Default Michigan Central Station -360

French photographer Jean-Pierre Lavoie's panoramic images of the Michigan Central Depot can be explored in 360 degrees on his website:

http://photo.photojpl.com/tour/michi...l-waiting.html

Fantastic!

Stosh Guest

Default Detroit News Story

Here's a link to the story behind this. I'm still trying to figure out where the Packard Plant is on his site.

http://detnews.com/article/20090809/...decay-into-art

Stosh - The article states: "Specifically, Lavoie took panoramic pictures -- sweeping, 360-degree views of places like the old Packard and Fisher Body factories. Turning still photographs into interactive displays is a long and labor-intensive process, and three weeks after the visit, only one of his Detroit subjects is ready for its close-up."

So the Packard and Fisher Body factory presentations are not yet ready.

What a neat site. I can't imagine what that station looked like years ago.

Blarf Guest

Why doesn't do some of these on the upper floors and roofs?

WOW! I don't know what else to say...

Default Fashion shoot.

Good website. I have a fashion project/concept shoot planned for both interior and exterior in the MCS building. This is one of the multiple buildings and other locations in Detroit that will be a part of my fashion project when I head back to visit family.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Why doesn't do some of these on the upper floors and roofs?
    The roof would be amazing!

Though the office tower really is not that exciting. There aren't many intricate features or ornate objects as there are on the main floor. Anything that was interesting was long ago removed or destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Good website. I have a fashion project/concept shoot planned for both interior and exterior in the MCS building. This is one of the multiple buildings and other locations in Detroit that will be a part of my fashion project when I head back to visit family.
    In lieu of the MiOSHA/EPA investigation into that building I'm not sure that you'll be able to secure permission for a while to get inside unless you do so illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    In lieu of the MiOSHA/EPA investigation into that building I'm not sure that you'll be able to secure permission for a while to get inside unless you do so illegally.
    that's how I use get in there before and after the fence barricade.

Great site.

I always loved sitting in the middle of the main ground floor room at night with a bright moon out. turning off the flashlights. Looking around without making a sound made for a nice little moment for me. The moonlight lights up just enough of the inside of the place to filter out all the decay but lets you grasp the beauty of the design.