Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default More Target to downtown speculation

https://twitter.com/detroitbruce/sta...54456923807744

Bruce Schwartz, Gilbert's right hand man and downtown "embassador" is touring with Target executives downtown

here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    https://twitter.com/detroitbruce/sta...54456923807744

Bruce Schwartz, Gilbert's right hand man and downtown "embassador" is touring with Target executives downtown

here we go again
    If Target moves downtown, it will be the smaller "City" Target and not the super Target. Target has been downsizing/downscaling for a while, esp. here in Chicago.
    When I was in Detroit a month ago, Woodward Avenue was deader than a dead mouse.

Target announced they were dropping the designation "City", "Express", "Greatland" etc. to end confusion. A store in downtown will happen. As Bedrock has stated before, all openings will coincide with the M1 rail startup.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    If Target moves downtown, it will be the smaller "City" Target and not the super Target. Target has been downsizing/downscaling for a while, esp. here in Chicago.
    When I was in Detroit a month ago, Woodward Avenue was deader than a dead mouse.
    I came down a couple weeks ago and had breakfast at Parks & Rec [[biscuits+gravy highly recommended, cinnamon roll excellent too). Woodward is odd. The stretch from about Jefferson to State was totally full of people at 11am on a Monday, as was the section of Griswold parallel to it. Six blocks of a normal, successful, crowded city and a lot of construction going on. Then as soon as you got basically to the Hudson's site, empty.

Still a very, very long way to go but every piece will help. I hope they start construction on the Hudson's replacement soon, as well as the new building where the Grind was and the Book and Stott renos. Between those and the M-1 I would expect a lot to happen over the next five years, economic gods willing, because those will add up to a major residential addition and increased demand for things like Target.